Gut loading meal worms

Christel

The feeding guide frowns on corn, so I guess no corn meal, however neither oats nor bran are listed.
At the moment my worms are in oats, which is the better? Is there an alternative to these meal choices? I have wild harvested oat as well as the store bought, just looking for the best for the Cham.
They do also have carrots, of course.
Thanks

Hello @Christel have you filled out the how to help form ??

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/ . If not could you . Copy add answers and past . Pic of you enclosed and chameleon are helpful .
Didn't think I needed to, so no I did not.

Are you feeding meal worms as a staple ??
Oh, no, no, no, of course not!
She gets about 4-6 pretty small ones every day with her crickets, as she IS a growing girl.
I did post a pic of her in the photo section on Sunday.

Didn't think I needed to, so no I did not.

Oh, no, no, no, of course not!
She gets about 4-6 pretty small ones every day with her crickets, as she IS a growing girl.
I did post a pic of her in the photo section on Sunday.
It’s not that you need to or that she is sick . It’s only to see how you are currently keeping her , enclosed , feeders supplied , your current supplement schedule and what you are currently using . That way any suggestions made are not something you’re currently doing . Also so you don’t get a billion of the same questions .

I hear you, and thank you.
As for now, no true routine set up, as that's why all the questions, LoL.
When I get my computer on, I'll look at doing that.
In the meantime, heading out for more crickets, while waiting for my first pinheads to hatch.
Also kinda wondering about grubs.... Edible, or no?

I hear you, and thank you.
As for now, no true routine set up, as that's why all the questions, LoL.
When I get my computer on, I'll look at doing that.
In the meantime, heading out for more crickets, while waiting for my first pinheads to hatch.
Also kinda wondering about grubs.... Edible, or no?
Do you mean wax worms , or butter worms ?? Are you thinking more specific ?

Hi Christel :)
Have a listen to this episode on the podcast about gutloading feeders ! I find it very helpful!
https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/gutloading-chameleon-feeders/
I also feed meal worms as well as black soldier flies, crickets,dubia,red runners, wax worm, super, and silkworms. They get oats, milk powder, bee pollen( or I also dust it on the feeder before I fed them to the cham), pumpkin,sweet potato, carat, papaya, and whatever good veggies or fruits that’s leftover from the kitchen.
The good thing with the worms is that if the chams don’t finish them as worms, mine also eat them as beetles and moths or flies. Right now they love wax moths and soldier flies. I hand feed both but left the soldier fly pupae in the cage so they have fresh flies everyday in the cage to hunt :)
E53DD0C5-7B18-41BB-9436-093FBB1396F8.jpeg
A12A70F4-DFF1-43D8-918B-0297DE21ADFA.jpeg

Do you mean wax worms , or butter worms ?? Are you thinking more specific ?
I'm sorry, I thought I'd stated mealworms in the title and question.
I don't have a garden in, yet, to harvest 'pasture plankton' (bugs), so store bought is all she's getting - for now. Grubs are usually found when the garden's going in. I do believe they're June bug larvae. If not safe, my flock will eat them. I just prefer to see what I can get 'locally' vs. driving 40 minutes into town.

Hi Christel :)
Have a listen to this episode on the podcast about gutloading feeders ! I find it very helpful!
https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/gutloading-chameleon-feeders/
I also feed meal worms as well as black soldier flies, crickets,dubia,red runners, wax worm, super, and silkworms. They get oats, milk powder, bee pollen( or I also dust it on the feeder before I fed them to the cham), pumpkin,sweet potato, carat, papaya, and whatever good veggies or fruits that’s leftover from the kitchen.
The good thing with the worms is that if the chams don’t finish them as worms, mine also eat them as beetles and moths or flies. Right now they love wax moths and soldier flies. I hand feed both but left the soldier fly pupae in the cage so they have fresh flies everyday in the cage to hunt :)
View attachment 258980View attachment 258981
Thanks for the link, and listed variety. Veiled and Jackson can eat about the same things, right?
Sweet. I'll check this out later tonight.
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom