Guess What I got? A sound machine>>

CammieBaby

Yes! YEs! I did she goes bonkers for it. Looks all over the place..If you play them at night they will hunt.. Yes they will.. Neato.. Just thought I should post that. Casue they deserve love while your away at work. If you don't have a sound machine play those relaxing melodies with ambient sounds. TAKE PICTURES it's a kick in the pants..:eek:

So they can hear? People keep telling me different. No wonder my cham gets ticked at my mom's nagging loud voice, I'm about to get polkadots n stripes from her too.

Yes! YEs! I did she goes bonkers for it. Looks all over the place..If you play them at night they will hunt.. Yes they will.. Neato.. Just thought I should post that. Casue they deserve love while your away at work. If you don't have a sound machine play those relaxing melodies with ambient sounds. TAKE PICTURES it's a kick in the pants..:eek:

they cannot hear but can feel vibrations. Hunting for what? Are you feeding your chameleon at night?

I never noticed that when I play music - did you get any pics/ vids? Might be interesting, but it doesn't sound healthy to do it often.....

They physcially don't have ears. They are as deaf as a doornob :)

I've thought about doing that but for my own kicks more than for theirs. When I had the big giant free range room I thought it would just finish off the rainforest feeling, but I knew none of the chameleons would care or notice.

I am going to wait on this one....

LOL i was goin to wait to but cant help myself..

i was waitin for someone to post a thread like this. I sing a lullaby to all my chams at nitetime to put them to sleep, its almost like rockin them to sleep like a baby..

really? playen noise for something that has no ears while there tryen to sleep? thats a goodone do you have a disco ball over the cage too?

I'll tell you this

Once I played this youtube video of a chameleon hissing really loud. Clementine DEFINITELY heard it.

Moral of the story: I should buy a camera.

Off on one of my post where people think I am being mean. I am NOT trying to sound mean. First you posted adding a waterfall and now a sound machine. If you forget the waterfall and the sound machine you could afford the misting system - that would be a lot better for the chameleon. You do know you have a chameleon correct? It is sounding like you are playing with a new toy and having fun with no regard for your LIVE chameleon. jmo

Last edited:
Off on one of my post where people think I am being mean. I am NOT trying to sound mean. First you posted adding a waterfall and now a sound machine. If you forget the waterfall and the sound machine you could afford the misting system - that would be a lot better for the chameleon. You do know you have a chameleon correct? It is sounding like you are playing with a new toy and having fun with no regard for your LIVE chameleon. jmo

Well said, and a lot nicer than I would have put it. People irk me. There, now I'm being nice.

look, i think you guys are being a tad too over the top in this post.

i think the OP is just excited. some people just like to pamper their reptiles as they would a dog or cat. though a sound machine may not be beneficial, it may make the OP feel more relaxed knowing and thinking her cham is comfy while shes away.

i partially agree with Laurie, though a MistKing would be a great investment, you may not need one with only one or two chameleons. I'm not sure how many you have or how busy your schedual away from home is. i say just enjoy the chams you have, stay excited, but keep learning and know what nessesities are involved with having chameleons as pets or hobby animals. and know what is safe and beneficial to your chameleons health, i seen waterfall mentioned in this post....mine is a very nice decor in my room :rolleyes:

as far as chameleons hearing the sound machine. i do believe that chameleons pick up on vibrations, but chameleons also make sounds themselves (ie in defense with other animals) other chameleons must be able to comprehend and hear to an extent the sounds (like a hiss) the other chameleon or animal is making.... right?

other chameleons must be able to comprehend and hear to an extent the sounds (like a hiss) the other chameleon or animal is making.... right?

no, that's why they evolved their coloration not their ears. Chameleons are visual creatures displaying their emotion with color and body language.

look, i think you guys are being a tad too over the top in this post.

i think the OP is just excited. some people just like to pamper their reptiles as they would a dog or cat. though a sound machine may not be beneficial, it may make the OP feel more relaxed knowing and thinking her cham is comfy while shes away.

i partially agree with Laurie, though a MistKing would be a great investment, you may not need one with only one or two chameleons. I'm not sure how many you have or how busy your schedual away from home is. i say just enjoy the chams you have, stay excited, but keep learning and know what nessesities are involved with having chameleons as pets or hobby animals. and know what is safe and beneficial to your chameleons health, i seen waterfall mentioned in this post....mine is a very nice decor in my room :rolleyes:
Totally agree, mate
As for the sound they have no ears, but they must pick up on vibrations......hard to say how much they actually 'hear'

Back
Top Bottom