Issue at night with Humadity and Temperature!!!! New at Chameleoing :D

I thought I would picture it correctly. No, he won't be happy when full grown in a 60x45x90 enclosure, just as I wasn't happy in my 10m2 apartment in Berlin. Yes, I could live there and go to work, but I wasn't happy. Once your boy is full grown, you'll see he hasn't have much room to turn and walk around and yes some chameleons aren't that active and only use maybe a quarter of their space. A male can get a body length of 15 till 20 cm without tail and for now he'll be fine with your enclosure, but just consider to go bigger one day. I know that with all information on the web it's confusing and we'll suffered the same fade, I made the same mistake with my veiled the first time. I thought I bought a chameleon for available space I got, but the problem is, you end up searching for websites confirming you can keep one at the available space you got and you're denying the true facts (speaking for myself), started with a 45x45x90cm for my female and as soon she started to grow, I knew she needed the 60x60x120cm as recommended. Herewith proof of it ;)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/state-of-mind.2461/

Just remind stores just wanna make money and when they got a customer, but he/she doubting about space they tell everything just to sell you something,

This is perfect, when they can bask above your head in height, then they feel the most secure.

This care sheet gives you lot's of information and in within Germany you also got a good source www.madcham.de and a panther will get almost the size as a veiled.

https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Veiled-Care-Summary-2022C.pdf

Here's full grown male for comparison, thanks @Beman for your picture ;) it's from a few months till full grown.

View attachment 326220
Well he definetely will grow i guess, however you were using 45x45 one and my is a bit wider which gives him space in side, incase later he requires more space i'll rather purchase bigger case then let him be unhappy, i'll try to make more space... however i feel like he has plenty of space currently as he can go all around without any issues whatsoever. Maybe i'll have to visit baumarkt for new plants that could replace these fakes ones, as i didn't know that isnt good idea, since i saw its verifed for chamaleons and other reptiles, so i thought why not, it looks nice, so far i got scheffler, and i want to buy Ficus Benjamin but biggest issue in stores i can only purchase small plants so its still not to high for him to climb, however i just noticed he went down on plant and drinked some watter i never saw him do that, maybe he's learning usually i take some spray, and i spray him a bit so he can drink some...
Also for Humdity folie just came its not fully transparent, however i believe it should be as good! Since it gives him aswell some privacy while i am working at my desk, so he doesn't get as much disturbed! I just hope at nights i'll hit higher humidity in cage, also any advices beside A/C how to drop temp in cage, would ventilators help 120mm to spread fresh air or in general air from top.?? anyone have any advices regardless to it?
So first two photos is just like my small, i'll guess that my is 3-4-5 months old somewhere in that range..while the rest of photos seems like an older chameleon, they look very nice! Clean and Cute!

And you're doing great, so don't see this as an assault 👏
We're just here to share our experience and all with best intentions. For now the most important part is the correct UVB lighting (which you ordered (y))
Just checked your picture and I think he'll grow a bit more, best indicator is always weighing them, he'll easily go past 150 gram.
No no i do understand there are certain requiments however just spended lots of cash on building, and ordered some wrong things by my fault... since i watched 1 article where it says what all you need, so i went through list and just order it... it was completely my mistake, and i have ordered a new lamp for UVB from amazon that should be good for current cage. However ordered all in one lamp aswell, might simply replace the lamp that i currently have since it might be in way for new 6% UVB light... since it needs to go from side to side, and current one i have is large and it takes half space.. i might try and return that one to amazon since its just taking me alot space...
Also sprayers, can i just relocate in example turn around position, or i should take sprayers out and take them in front? Also for mist its currently sitting in middle behind, hitting towards middle more towards up, so it hits positions of chameleon... or i am mistaking.. I'll do a photo of current cage update and i wanna hear your opinion guys of what needs to be relocated, but please explain to me briefly as my english understanding is not the best :D I am trying to understand also all about these things, for me its all new! hehe

So here are updates that i kind of did with branches mostly only... I am still wondering shall i replace something else i know fake plants should be out, however i think he's not gonna yet touch them, untill i get another live plant that can replace these fakes, any ideas? please hit me only
also thank you @Jpeff for advice with folie, hopefully this will be as okay! I put on right side, since on back and left side there is already bambo thingy.. and i put down bellow at front as you can see from photos! It should keep humidity i hope so!

Attachments

• 290897518_1001908190508018_2254862709201540650_n.jpg
    290897518_1001908190508018_2254862709201540650_n.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 291526122_1277656359711365_741404700499546072_n.jpg
    291526122_1277656359711365_741404700499546072_n.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 78
Beetwen he went up because of sprayers that sprayed just a min ago :D I noticed they hate mist and rain :D they always hide from it... hehe

Any updates did your new lights come in? New cage? Hows he doing!!
Sorry buddy, was a bit unmotivated to reply and didn't want to push thread and continuesly watch it, had a bit a breakdown with girl, so tried to focus on my self for awhile, always gived him water in fogger, food, lights are LED for now, as i really lost any wish to continue anything, he's doing great suprisingly. However since i feel better, i'll be focusing more onto him, planning to get aswell snake, maybe python or something like that.
He's a bit older now, however closure doesn't seems to be small for him, he's enyoing his time on branches... i guesss german temp and humditity is good for him.... were gonna see how is gonna be during winter.. if i notice changes i'll update and definetely purchase more gear for him..

Sorry buddy, was a bit unmotivated to reply and didn't want to push thread and continuesly watch it, had a bit a breakdown with girl, so tried to focus on my self for awhile, always gived him water in fogger, food, lights are LED for now, as i really lost any wish to continue anything, he's doing great suprisingly. However since i feel better, i'll be focusing more onto him, planning to get aswell snake, maybe python or something like that.
He's a bit older now, however closure doesn't seems to be small for him, he's enyoing his time on branches... i guesss german temp and humditity is good for him.... were gonna see how is gonna be during winter.. if i notice changes i'll update and definetely purchase more gear for him..
getting by and thriving are two different things so be careful. Unfortunately it all catches up at once and usually its too late. Best of luck. Tbh i would not get another reptile until husbandry needs of one you already have are met. This post is ment in the best of way.

Back
Top Bottom