Growing plant

Squirell

I just purchased an ultimate set-up from screameleons and was wonder what a good live plant would be to put in there. I would like it to grow relatively fast so that it will be a decent size when I need to upgrade the cage size. The dimensions will be 20"x18"x12" until the Cham is about 9 months to a year at which time I will upgrade to a 48x24x24. Would like it to be sturdy so the Cham is able to climb around on it. Thanks in advance.

Pothos and umbrella plants are my hands down favorites. They are hardy and grow well in a chameleon cage environment. I always suspend my pothos from the top of the cage, and pin the vines all over the cage with zip ties. My chams love to climb the natural vines.

I would also suggest an additional 6500k plant light if you are looking for plant growth.

Pothos, which is a vine plant, grows lightning fast, you can practically see it growing. However, it does not provide much rigid structure, so I think a ficus is good for the primary plant. Schefflera arboricola (ubrella plant) is a good alternative for a more tropical atmosphere.

Pothos and umbrella plants are my hands down favorites. They are hardy and grow well in a chameleon cage environment. I always suspend my pothos from the top of the cage, and pin the vines all over the cage with zip ties. My chams love to climb the natural vines.

I would also suggest an additional 6500k plant light if you are looking for plant growth.

I do the same, only sit at the bottom of the cage and pin upwards. Very fast growers! I have three different pothos plants in with my Jackson's.

Thanks guys. The viv stuff should be here in less then a week. Once its all set they will send me the Cham. Super excited for my new addition. Currently have a 3 year old bearded dragon. Im gonna go check out home depot or menards for those plants in the next couple days.

Back
Top Bottom