Grow lights?

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
So im going to get a grow light for the plants in my chameleons cage. All i've got in there is a large Pothos plant, a large schefflera, and a few small Pothos clippings around the cage. What do you guys recommend?

Sansi? :unsure:

If so what wattage?

Dang you got that just from the S! You’re good! I have them all! For a 24x24x48 i’d go for at least a 36w. I have 2 36w on the larger 45”x20” cages. 2 36w gives great light and coverage.

I got a 70w thats low profile but havent put it on a cham cage yet

ohh no don't leave :ROFLMAO:

Thanks! Ill snag a 36w

I would go for the YU MEIL but dam 40 bucks xD

Edit: oh crap they both are. Lol. Which one to choose

Oh yes I can wait, there's no rush. My plants are doing fine but I know it'll go downhill without a grow light lol

I mean I can pay for it now, but y'know gotta be smart and save money every now and then ;)

They have a 10% coupon right now actually :unsure:

I did get a heck of a deal... I got 2ea of the 24W and 36W:
Screenshot_20191129-210112_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I paid 25 for the 36W and $15 for the 24W. Even at full price, I'm tempted to get a few more. I highly recommend them. They put out a TON of light [dont look directly at them....] and work pretty superbly.

The brightness wont hurt their eyes, correct?

Woah, you got so lucky lol. Talk about a jackpot

No I mean the chameleons eyes lol
Me too. I would just avoid looking at them when you hook them up... you'll see spots for a bit.

Here's my results:
20191201_130311.jpg

This is the day I got them [24W]

20191211_220503.jpg

10 days later

Notice the wandering jew in the right of the aquarium [courtesy of Snitz!]. I've now had to trim it twice and created more plants from those cuttings. The foggy boxes are moss, the terrarium is my bioactive set up "brewing" for when I get my new Williamsi.

I strongly recommend these lights since they're full spectrum [daylight colored] and the light definitely penetrates my custom enclosures that are DENSELY planted. I'm quite impress for the price i paid. Heck, even at full price, they're cheaper than a lot of other options that have less capability. (Plus no purple/red to deal with).

Also, they really don't put off any noticable heat unless you directly touch the LEDs or the back part of the bulb.

Okay i'm assuming thats a yes it wont hurt my chameleons eyes.

Good to know! My Pothos plant is growing at a decent rate, but now it'll hopefully grow even faster lol.

Back
Top Bottom