Grow lights?

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
So im going to get a grow light for the plants in my chameleons cage. All i've got in there is a large Pothos plant, a large schefflera, and a few small Pothos clippings around the cage. What do you guys recommend?

snitz427

Chameleon Enthusiast
Sansi? :unsure:

If so what wattage?

Dang you got that just from the S! You’re good! I have them all! For a 24x24x48 i’d go for at least a 36w. I have 2 36w on the larger 45”x20” cages. 2 36w gives great light and coverage.

I got a 70w thats low profile but havent put it on a cham cage yet

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
ohh no don't leave :ROFLMAO:

Thanks! Ill snag a 36w

I would go for the YU MEIL but dam 40 bucks xD

Edit: oh crap they both are. Lol. Which one to choose

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
Oh yes I can wait, there's no rush. My plants are doing fine but I know it'll go downhill without a grow light lol

I mean I can pay for it now, but y'know gotta be smart and save money every now and then ;)

They have a 10% coupon right now actually :unsure:

Hashtag ChamLife

Avid Member
I did get a heck of a deal... I got 2ea of the 24W and 36W:
Screenshot_20191129-210112_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I paid 25 for the 36W and $15 for the 24W. Even at full price, I'm tempted to get a few more. I highly recommend them. They put out a TON of light [dont look directly at them....] and work pretty superbly.

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
The brightness wont hurt their eyes, correct?

Woah, you got so lucky lol. Talk about a jackpot

Hashtag ChamLife

Avid Member
No I mean the chameleons eyes lol
Me too. I would just avoid looking at them when you hook them up... you'll see spots for a bit.

Here's my results:
20191201_130311.jpg

This is the day I got them [24W]

20191211_220503.jpg

10 days later

Notice the wandering jew in the right of the aquarium [courtesy of Snitz!]. I've now had to trim it twice and created more plants from those cuttings. The foggy boxes are moss, the terrarium is my bioactive set up "brewing" for when I get my new Williamsi.

I strongly recommend these lights since they're full spectrum [daylight colored] and the light definitely penetrates my custom enclosures that are DENSELY planted. I'm quite impress for the price i paid. Heck, even at full price, they're cheaper than a lot of other options that have less capability. (Plus no purple/red to deal with).

Also, they really don't put off any noticable heat unless you directly touch the LEDs or the back part of the bulb.

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
Okay i'm assuming thats a yes it wont hurt my chameleons eyes.

Good to know! My Pothos plant is growing at a decent rate, but now it'll hopefully grow even faster lol.

Top Bottom