Grow Light ?

sageyurisic

I recently bought a 24 inch 12 watt red/blue grow light. i purchased it from walmart it was a last minute decision, is this grow light okay for my chameleon ? safe for her eyes etc ?

Colored lights aren't good for their eyes. Did you buy a T5ho light? They're the long skinny ones. Are you using this light for UVB or just extra lighting for the plants?

First I've heard of those (just took a quick peek on google). I'm interested.
Do you happen to know how one of those compares (performance & price) to a same length T5 6500K FS tube? :unsure:
I don't have any solid data, just my knowledge of T5 vs LED from reef tanks. I know that the T5 will give more even spread over a wider area, where LED gives better penetration (depth). Since we are more generally concerned with getting light all the way to the bottom of the enclosure, I feel that the plants will benefit more from the penetration of the LED bulbs.

I actually found the Yu Meil bulb from recommendations on here. I also found out that the breeder I am getting my cham from uses these as his plant bulbs.

Not sure but maybe this can help you compare. They are very bright though. My ficcus alii plant hasn't dropped a single leave and been in for around a week, seeing growth shoots. This was previously in a west facing window with full sun, they are notorious for dropping leaves when light is changed or they are moved. 15941312616238388187732866856089.jpg

Colored lights aren't good for their eyes. Did you buy a T5ho light? They're the long skinny ones. Are you using this light for UVB or just extra lighting for the plants?
i bought it for plant growth. but im dumb and did not know my odysea came w the 6500 growth light lol but i have it all figured out. i have the growth light that the odysea came w along w a t5 uvb tube light in the odysea for her lighting/plants :)

Back
Top Bottom