Greens killed my roaches

In fairness to organic farmers, it should be said that chemical residues on their produce could be from spray drift, and water contamination.

Well, if you want to give it another shot you can try washing the greens with an organic veggie wash that helps to clean greens. But that may also be bad for your colony to consume

Well, if you want to give it another shot you can try washing the greens with an organic veggie wash that helps to clean greens. But that may also be bad for your colony to consume

Washing will only help if it's a veggie that hasn't been genetically engineered to have pesticide as part of its cells. Which is why I'm sticking w growing my own or getting "organic" that at least has the pesticide on its surface that I can wash. Our food supply is just a mess.

It's also in our foods too.
Does anyone know what aspartame is?
You can find it in anything sugar free or diet cola.

Genetically altered foods.
Does anyone remember the E. coli outbreaks in our spinach a while back?
I've seen scientist alter veggies so you don't get sick from E.coli.
This was also at my wife's government lab.
It's out on the market today but know one knows the side effects from it.

And theirs lots that I've seen there that would make your jaw drop.

Washing will only help if it's a veggie that hasn't been genetically engineered to have pesticide as part of its cells. Which is why I'm sticking w growing my own or getting "organic" that at least has the pesticide on its surface that I can wash. Our food supply is just a mess.

True, some pesticides are sistemic, and go into the cells of the plant, you
cant wash it off.
Also, pesticides can stay in the soild for years, so even if a farmer uses no
chemicals on his crop, the plants will still absorb whatever residue is already
in the soild.
They need to plow the top soil off of the whole field to get rid of it.
That costs a lot of money, and time.

thats to bad about your roaches :( do you need more ?? I can send you some, just let me know :) a little off topic, but I will say, breeding roaches, has made me eat better - once ( SHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! or I will be killed by my family !! ) I had course blended a bunch of veg/ for my bugs, everyone else thought I had made a odd type of salsa - THANK GOD I only use the same food we do eat, but I had added powdered milk to my mix, but YEP - they ( as in MY FAMILY ) ate it, on nacho chips :cool: and said how good it was - if my husband knew he ate something intended for the bugs, even tho it really could have been a dip I guess - AHHHH - we all joke about how our bugs eat better than we do - but I thnk they really do :rolleyes: :p

Back
Top Bottom