Green Substance coming out of chameleon

A77CCAC2-679A-461D-BEC2-4E94E99B815F.jpeg

I should also add the following: If it turns out that everything is fine, and it was just a big poop, that’s great; but all the advice recommending a vet visit was good advice. If it was just a troublesome turd, a vet visit would have been a minor expense and even more minor inconvenience. And trouble passing poop like this is not normal, and always worthy of a vet visit. If everything turns out well, consider the following :

1) Establish a good and trustworthy relationship with a local reptile vet—one that you could rely on if similar situations arise.
2) consider how changes in your husbandry can mitigate future risks in this area.

I’m glad he passed whatever it was! I agree, I think you should take him to the vet along with pictures of what he passed.

So from what I can recall with the knowledge that I have is no more hornworms, Imma have him on a strict diet of smaller worms and crickets, which I can get crickets for a few dollars and their fine crickets that he really does enjoy hunting down which is also why I wanted to get him some more coverage so he can have a fun time playing hide and seek with his prey

You really need to get all the fake plants out of there and replace with big bushy live plants that he can play hide and seek in. Veileds love to eat their plants and they don’t know the difference between live and fake ones. They will eat fake plants and become impacted which can lead to death so please give him live plants! You can hang the fake ones around the outside of his cage where he can’t get them.

So from what I can recall with the knowledge that I have is no more hornworms, Imma have him on a strict diet of smaller worms and crickets, which I can get crickets for a few dollars and their fine crickets that he really does enjoy hunting down which is also why I wanted to get him some more coverage so he can have a fun time playing hide and seek with his prey
When you have time, we’d love to hear about how you keep your little buddy! The “how to ask for help” form is a great way to have other experienced keepers see what you’re working with and make helpful suggestions. Consider it!

Gotta say this is the first time i have seen something pass a caterpillar intact. I mean we feed them to "sick" chameleons to hydrate them because they are just "bags of water".

Wonder if the temp just wasnt high enough for digestion? Ive seen that in beardies.

And as others have stated, based on the tail alone, he is way underweight.

Gotta say this is the first time i have seen something pass a caterpillar intack. I mean we feed them to "sick" chameleons to hydrate them because they are just "bags of water".

Wonder if the temp just wasnt high enough for digestion? Ive seen that in beardies.

What I envisioned was this: Cham tags horny, horny refuses to let go of leaf, leaf surrounds horny and inhibits proper digestion, horny and leaf are pooped out problematically.

What I envisioned was this: Cham tags horny, horny refuses to let go of leaf, leaf surrounds horny and inhibits proper digestion, horny and leaf are pooped out problematically.
Horny was in the worm bowl that I have for him so he could’ve had other worms attached to him when he was eating could that of stopped him from passing it so easily?

Gotta say this is the first time i have seen something pass a caterpillar intact. I mean we feed them to "sick" chameleons to hydrate them because they are just "bags of water".

Yeah I needa get him back on the crickets I was feeding him I had a money problem recently and wasn’t able to have him food for a couple days is which is why he’s soo skinny but those crickets helped keep his weight up and it was beautiful, you couldn’t see any bones what soo ever

Back
Top Bottom