Green Substance coming out of chameleon

I honestly am not sure. I have tagged another keeper I know that is experienced. She should be here in a bit.

Honestly it could be a fake plant cause I did put new ones in there yesterday sooo he had more closure so he was able to hide a bit better

Typically prolapses aren't green with that being said if there was an impaction and infection going on it could be gangrenous. If it was a fake plant you do not want to pull on it and risk ripping tissues. There are some things that can be done to help prolapses go back in but I don't want to recommend doing that with the possibility of infection. At this point with as long as it has been out and the color your best option is going to the vet. Google arav it should take you to a site that has reptile vets listed. I have the link for Facebook but not for the actual website.

It looks very much like a hornworm. But that is no reason not to see a vet. Even if it turns out to be a hornworm, it’s not supposed to be half out of its butt. So vet for sure.

Last edited:
Water based lube is needed to keep it moist. if it is a prolapse you do not want it drying out. So KY jelly without any additives, just the original formula. And I would get into a vet personally.

I misted his cage with warm water to see if it is a horn worm if it’ll help him pass it through better cause rn I’m on my own here💯

Back
Top Bottom