Green Substance coming out of chameleon

image.jpg

At this point it does look like a hornworm that didn't digest. You definitely need to go over husbandry and increase hydration to prevent this in the future. A vet check still wouldn't hurt.

With these situations all we can do is tell you all the possibilities of what it could be along with all the warnings. Many times these situations don't turn out like this.

I think the advice given by everyone on this thread is good and errs on the side of safety. Nothing wrong with a vet visit as soon as you can. Also, consider what husbandry conditions might have precipitated this condition, and whether there’s anything you could change. For now, how is he; has he passed the worm?

Should I help him pass it through
This is a tough question, and one that probably requires veterinary guidance. As you don’t have immediate access to a vet, you’ll have to think hard about the safety of your animal, and ask yourself what could go wrong if you try to intervene. Those are risks and questions only you can answer in the short term. Think hard, assess risk, and keep trying for a vet visit.

I think the advice given by everyone on this thread is good and errs on the side of safety. Nothing wrong with a vet visit as soon as you can. Also, consider what husbandry conditions might have precipitated this condition, and whether there’s anything you could change. For now, how is he; has he passed the worm?
I think me not using his dripper was the cause of this issue plus this was his first time ever eating a hornworm so for now on till he gets a little bigger I’ll keep him on crickets, meal worms, and hornworms

If you pull it out and it is a part of the intestine, that will likely result in his death.
If you keep it moist with KY jelly (NO VASELINE) if it's intestine at least it will help it stay moist until you get to a vet.
If it's a plant or worm it won't hurt either of them for you to use the KY jelly.
IMHO....you need to take him to a vet.

I think me not using his dripper was the cause of this issue plus this was his first time ever eating a hornworm so for now on till he gets a little bigger I’ll keep him on crickets, meal worms, and hornworms
Therell be lots of time for speculating about causes. For now, let’s get him through the poopsis (that’s poop crisis).

Back
Top Bottom