Green scorpion

Juliaf3

Established Member
image.jpg

This is green scorpion (beautifully named by my 5 year old son) - I rarely get to see these colors so I'm glad I had a camera near by!

Wow he is gorgeous whats his exact species?

Ya know, I don't even know! Just know he's a jackson. He was my first ever chameleon to own. I bought him with very little knowledge about Cham care or anything. I'm really lucky he survived. I stumbled across this forum about two months or less after I bought him and bounced around and read everything possible- fixed all my bad and then joined the forum in January I think. Anyway- I don't even know how old he is-we bought him from a petsmart in Oklahoma because my son thought he looked like a dinosaur and my aunt had just given us a Viv. I didn't ask any questions. Just let them take me around the store and tell me what he needed to have in his cage (which was all wrong) paid for it all, and we left with him in a little container. Cage not even ready for his arrival. SMH. But he's living a fabulous life now. Thank goodness.

Thanks carol! Do you think these are his stressed or mad colors? He hardly ever shows them!

ya, id say those are his stress indicators. Judging by the curled tail, puffed body and "defender claw" stance as well. haha

beautiful jackson!

Handsome guy! Love his colors. My husband wants one like that so bad!

They are quite a bit cheaper then panthers. He is super calm. I've only seen him flare up and open his mouth like he's gonna bite once. He requires higher humidity then a panther. He's definitely an awesome Cham! I just call him dinosaur lol but my son insist he be called green scorpion.

I stand corrected. This now makes twice that I've seen him mad now that kevbek has confirmed my angry suspicion.

Last edited:
ya, id say those are his stress indicators. Jusging by the curled tail, puffed body and "defender claw" stance as well. haha

beautiful jackson!

Well then I guess it's a good thing I rarely get to see these colors. Man they are pretty though!

Wow! :eek: What a beautiful boy! I currently have a panther but have debated about getting a jackson in the future. This picture has pushed me one step closer to getting one myself. You have done an amazing job! He is a stunner!!

Wow! :eek: What a beautiful boy! I currently have a panther but have debated about getting a jackson in the future. This picture has pushed me one step closer to getting one myself. You have done an amazing job! He is a stunner!!

Well I had a sneaky suspicion those were his stressed out colors, and it was just confirmed by kevbek..... He always looks like this...sometimes a little darker. But hey! Thank you for the nice compliment! He had a rough start in our home due to my lack of research, but he's living the life now!

image.jpg

But you for sure should get one! He is awesome! Definitely the most laid back of my two chams. The other being a panther. His cage requirements are different in some areas compared to a panther

Last edited:
he is awesome looking in both pictures. I love how they look like old time dinosaurs.:D

I love all the love he is getting! I don't see to many jackson on here! I agree, his dinosaur-look is what caught our attention! We were looking to get a turtle or something and my son just loved his horns!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom