Gravid Or Not

Nelsoem

I just bought an ambilobe panther chameleon yesterday. The people that I bought her from said she had been housed with a male for awhile. I am now trying to figure out if she is gravid or not so I can set up a nesting bin if she is. She changes back and forth between gravid colors and her normal peachy colors. She is roughly a year old.

Attachments

• 767C9564-33A3-409A-AFD2-019DBB2FB98B.jpeg
    767C9564-33A3-409A-AFD2-019DBB2FB98B.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 111
If you have a male nearby that she can see and she responds by being dark like in the photo, there is a good chance she is gravid. My female panther got like that once she mated with the male any time she even glimpsed him across the room. If you do have a male, put up a barrier so she can't see him, to reduce the stress.

If you have a male nearby that she can see and she responds by being dark like in the photo, there is a good chance she is gravid. My female panther got like that once she mated with the male any time she even glimpsed him across the room. If you do have a male, put up a barrier so she can't see him, to reduce the stress.
There is no male in the room

Whether or not they mated, she will lay eggs before long at her age. You'll definitely want to set up a laybin ASAP

Back
Top Bottom