Gravid Female Still Has Not Laid

Right back at ya! Just changed her UVB I found out I was using a 10.0 not a 5.0 tropical. I hope it isn’t too late and doesn’t effect her. She seems healthy
My girl finally laid yesterday. She dug a hole then slept in her bin. This morning the hole is covered but she is still half assed digging around, really just moving dirt around her bin and still hasn’t come up. I’m dying to give her water and for her to rest because she has been moving those poor limbs for two days straight but don’t want to rush her either. Hope you see some progress soon!

My girl finally laid yesterday. She dug a hole then slept in her bin. This morning the hole is covered but she is still half assed digging around, really just moving dirt around her bin and still hasn’t come up. I’m dying to give her water and for her to rest because she has been moving those poor limbs for two days straight but don’t want to rush her either. Hope you see some progress soon!
Aww...they work so very hard at the whole laying process. Maybe have some juicy hornworms waiting for her.

Aww...they work so very hard at the whole laying process. Maybe have some juicy hornworms waiting for her.
She amazes me! I wanted to have some hornworms for her but she despises them. I think one might have bitten her. She had some dusted dubias (10 small) and lots of water. She doesn’t look THAT skinny to me so I sure hope she got them all but we shall see tomorrow when I retrieve them. So proud of her.

Attachments

• B45B6229-D75A-463F-9C79-4A3DFE3113C5.jpeg
    B45B6229-D75A-463F-9C79-4A3DFE3113C5.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 68
  • F9F05948-8CE1-4948-A135-0AF01D3077DC.jpeg
    F9F05948-8CE1-4948-A135-0AF01D3077DC.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 79
WOW! That is a lot of eggs!
I feed my girls 3 feeders, 3 days a week...with occasional small treats. Their basking temps are no higher than around 80. One hasn’t laid any eggs in just over a year. The other went almost a full year until she laid 34 eggs - which is too many but since it was a year, I’ll have to be ok with it. She was sneaking peaks at my male (until I spoiled her view) which I think triggered egg production.

WOW! That is a lot of eggs!
I feed my girls 3 feeders, 3 days a week...with occasional small treats. Their basking temps are no higher than around 80. One hasn’t laid any eggs in just over a year. The other went almost a full year until she laid 34 eggs - which is too many but since it was a year, I’ll have to be ok with it. She was sneaking peaks at my male (until I spoiled her view) which I think triggered egg production.
Wow! So impressive! I was told I was purchasing a male and knew I didn’t want to deal with the whole egg laying thing but I found out she was a female and now I’m determined to get good at this, for her. I was so stressed about the lay bin and getting it right this first time, etc. so I’m just glad that worked out. Can I ask how big your feeders are? I have been giving her 8 tiny dubias every other day (the 1’4 in from Josh’s frogs) and she eats them up so fast it’s so hard not to just give her at least that since they are small. She is so picky but that started when she was receptive and moody so maybe I can try again with treats.

@Banderson who's your chameleon doing now? Seems like this thread has gone a bit away from your posts.
In post #16 your female looks like she might be gravid
STILL has not laid. Just gravid coloration and a big ol' belly. Her basking temps are low 80's and she gets fed 2-3 insects every 2-3 days. She has a laying bin with organic childrens playsand in it mixed with a little ReptiSoil, its a 10 x 10 x 10 office shelf bin. I don't know I am running out of options i'm positive i'm doing it all right i had a husbandry review by the community

Back
Top Bottom