grasshoppers and locust together?

little leaf

Avid Member
does anyone know if these can be kept together, and still breed ( not crossbreed - or do they ? lol ) I was thinking of breeding green grasshoppers, but a few locust got in too- can they all get along? I have about 30ish green hoppers, and 3 locust - or is it not worth breeding them? I can not stand the smell of the crix and stopped even feeding them to my chams, but I think they miss the "hoppy" food :rolleyes: :p

locusts ARE grasshoppers, its just a term for when they go into a swarm phase :D

you probably have two different species of hopper, they should be fine together. If you want to breed them, just follow the same steps you would for crickets. Just make sure they have enough space/food, or they'll start to fight/cannibalize each other (same as crickets)

locusts ARE grasshoppers, its just a term for when they go into a swarm phase :D

you probably have two different species of hopper, they should be fine together. If you want to breed them, just follow the same steps you would for crickets. Just make sure they have enough space/food, or they'll start to fight/cannibalize each other (same as crickets)

yes, I think I have like 4 kinds now that I am getting a good look at all of them
I just ran around w/ my net and put what ever got in it- in - lol most are cute green ones, some brown, and 3 big ugly ones - :eek: lol

I have bred crix , so I will follow the same set up :) ty for your help :D

Back
Top Bottom