Graphic Picture Warning: New cagemate

yes, maybe you are right- I see she is new- I guess had it not been for the "hehe" at the end- that is what irked me I guess.
I have had these little guys as pets - and I know may also do- so maybe you are right- I know this kind of stuff is fed - and I dont even have an issue with the pic- its just it should have been a "warning" - then I could have skipped it right over- and not had to think about the poor feeder guy the rest of the morning ~ :(

Yeah and by no means am I trying to defend the reasoning of the post or her being funny about it, but I just feel like we can all handle it a little better and have a nicer conversation instead of attack others ideals and such. We are all friends here!! lol

Ok I will apologize for not putting a "warning" in the title. I guess it just did not cross my mind that some people would be offended by the picture.
I have kept snakes and monitors most of my life, and maybe that "desensitized" me? I still breed rats, fruit flies, roaches, ect to sells for feeders. Here in Florida these anoles run around by the thousands. When he is outside he would eat hundreds if I let him, but I do not let him eat any. I figured one would not hurt, and the fact that he was so neglected and abused, the extra protein would help him gain his mass back.
I'm sorry, but if you guys have any cats or dogs, you should research how those animals are slaughtered for your pet food. That is the complete OPPOSITE of "natural" and is blatantly torturous and inhumane.
Personally the only thing I will eat is fish, because I cannot stand the meat industry.

And what makes any one life worth more than another? Isn't it technically better that one life be taken to feed him, than 100 lives (crickets)? A life is a life regardless. I am sorry if you guys see that 100 crickets' lives are worth less than 1 lizard. By the way I have wholesale accounts and I can actually buy anoles as feeders if I wanted.

Ok I will apologize for not putting a "warning" in the title. I guess it just did not cross my mind that some people would be offended by the picture.
I have kept snakes and monitors most of my life, and maybe that "desensitized" me? I still breed rats, fruit flies, roaches, ect to sells for feeders. Here in Florida these anoles run around by the thousands. When he is outside he would eat hundreds if I let him, but I do not let him eat any. I figured one would not hurt, and the fact that he was so neglected and abused, the extra protein would help him gain his mass back.
I'm sorry, but if you guys have any cats or dogs, you should research how those animals are slaughtered for your pet food. That is the complete OPPOSITE of "natural" and is blatantly torturous and inhumane.
Personally the only thing I will eat is fish, because I cannot stand the meat industry.

I completely agree with you...

And what makes any one life worth more than another? Isn't it technically better that one life be taken to feed him, than 100 lives (crickets)? A life is a life regardless. I am sorry if you guys see that 100 crickets' lives are worth less than 1 lizard. By the way I have wholesale accounts and I can actually buy anoles as feeders if I wanted.

I live in FLA too and I know all about the Anoles. I have seen my chameleon get ahold of them on my patio and outside before I could stop it. I did not deliberately feed them to them nor did I take pictures and make a joke about it "hee hee" I think that is what bothered me the most. I guess I just figured if you are a lizardlover you ARE a lizardlover in every sense of the word. Well, if anything I hope the next member who wishesd to post something like this will very SPECIFIC about the title. Posting "Graphic" just grabs more people's attention(if you look at the number of views) I know I would have been one less had I known what the thread was all about.

Well just to let anyone know, this lizard ran into my house an actually climbed on the chameleon cage. Yes I grabbed him and put him in, but if there was not a screen there, my chameleon would have eaten him anyway.
Natural selection sorry....Maybe this insensitive, but I guess he will not be passing on his genes that have him going into a house, into the territory of a LARGE predatory lizard (that was clearly visible), and failing get move when i human decided to grab him....

It's not nature when you throw an animal in a cage to be eaten by another. And yes, we do it with bugs, which I do not consider being in "Nature" either. Yes, I am one of those "people" as you suggested. Sorry, but yes their should be a warning and there will be people that want to look at it and that is fine. To each his own.

To each his or her own. There was a warning in the title. It was pretty obvious.
You still looked. Why compound your foolishness by complaining about it.
You don't complain when you see footage of a lion attack do you?
Oh, but why didn't the cameraman save that poor gazelle? :D
To each her own.

And one of my best friends is one of the largest breeders of large lizards in the world....I can't even imagine the amount of "anoles" his reptiles inadvertently consume daily in his outdoor enclosures. I'm sorry, but grow a pair, seriously

To each his or her own. There was a warning in the title. It was pretty obvious.
You still looked. Why compound your foolishness by complaining about it.
You don't complain when you see footage of a lion attack do you?
Oh, but why didn't the cameraman save that poor gazelle? :D
To each her own.

Excuse me but there WAS NOT a warning in the title originally. So know what you are talking about BEFORE you post. It was put in there after I suggested so. The original post was "New Cagemate" So tell me how foolish I was for viewing that??

I'm sorry but this bugs the crap out of me. And I hope to god, that non of the people complaining eat any sort of animal products. And if they do they better be the ones slaughtering/butchering it themselves.

And one of my best friends is one of the largest breeders of large lizards in the world....I can't even imagine the amount of "anoles" his reptiles inadvertently consume daily in his outdoor enclosures. I'm sorry, but grow a pair, seriously

Okay now you're just being immature about it. Don't be such a snot. The comments are over Carol was done, she made her point. No need to carry on with it and make an *** out of yourself by being disrespectful to other members. Like I said we are all friends we don't need to argue, you did something, its over, nothing anyone can do, just do it in your own house and don't share it on here when you know its going to offend people. Problem solved. Some people are a little more sensitive to things like that, I personally don't like it but I stand it and keep my mouth shut. This is a forum for everyone so be mindful of what you are saying and be courteous of other people, no need to be like that and tell people to grow a pair.

I have seen people ask way more important questions on this forum and get very few responses. Yet this girl posts a pic of a cham eating another LIZARD AND THERE IS A 5 PAGE ARTICLE HERE LOL PRIORITIES PEOPLE. I know it's not nice to look at but if you give it attention and comment on it then you draw more attention to it. Just let it fade away down the news feed and there yah go. the more you post the more you bump it. This is why people fight and argue a lack of common sense.

Okay now you're just being immature about it. Don't be such a snot. The comments are over Carol was done, she made her point. No need to carry on with it and make an *** out of yourself by being disrespectful to other members. Like I said we are all friends we don't need to argue, you did something, its over, nothing anyone can do, just do it in your own house and don't share it on here when you know its going to offend people. Problem solved. Some people are a little more sensitive to things like that, I personally don't like it but I stand it and keep my mouth shut. This is a forum for everyone so be mindful of what you are saying and be courteous of other people, no need to be like that and tell people to grow a pair.

You are right. I shouldn't stoop to that immature level.
I wonder though, will someone get offended if i post a picture of my chameleon eating anything? Should I be concerned over someone getting too "sensitive" over a roach? If they don't care, then is that bad?
A life is a life (many/an animals has to die in order for my animal to live), I don't care what it is; whether roach or lizard. If you guys object you are hypocrites. By bringing these animals in captivity, you are directly responsible for the daily deaths it takes to feed them. I am sorry, but it is true.

You are right. I shouldn't stoop to that immature level.
I wonder though, will someone get offended if i post a picture of my chameleon eating anything? Should I be concerned over someone getting too "sensitive" over a roach? If they don't care, then is that bad?
A life is a life (many/an animals has to die in order for my animal to live), I don't care what it is; whether roach or lizard. If you guys object you are hypocrites. By bringing these animals in captivity, you are directly responsible for the daily deaths it takes to feed them. I am sorry, but it is true.

That isn't the point though. This is a forum for CHAMELEONS(a Reptile). The point that Carol was making that simply we love everything reptile, you may not like them all but we are all here for one main reason. We love the same thing. The same hobby. Our Chameleons. We don't want to see them eating other reptiles... I personally like Anoles. I wouldn't want to see anything eat it, they are fun and a very cool hobby. They just all happen to eat insects. Yes they are a life but they feed the one that I like more, the one I am more attached to. But I'm done commenting. Feel free to say what you want, I'm going to go to my friends house and enjoy there 6 foot ball python. Have a good day.

There's nothing morally wrong with this. As it is not out place to judge (in this case). However, i think the only thing we should be critical of is the health of the chameleon. I live in Florida, where these little brown anoles are invasive, and all over the place, i'm looking at a bunch climbing all over my screened porch as i type this. Now, I would never feed a cham one because of the risk of parasites, because the likelihood of a wild reptile having a parasite is high, and then the likelihood that will be directly transferred to another reptile like your cham is high. However, I do catch anoles and frogs in my backyard all the time and feed them to my fish. Also, I think one should understand that the mental capacity of these anoles is far inferior to our chams, they have the brain of a goldfish. Another point to consider is the separation between a pet and a wild animal. For instance, I am a hunter, I have a dog and love dogs, (my dog loves to hunt w/ me too), however, I have no problem shooting a coyote, which in reality is not much different than my dog. And not that me shooting a coyote is much more humane than the way a coyote would kill a prey animal like someones cat.

Back
Top Bottom