Gout has ruined him :( I hate it.

I fed all my feeders mostly collard greens with some dandelion leaves here and there. They also were fed fruit. They were never fed a high protien diet. He was fed roaches, crickets, silkies and hornworms and supers his whole life

Thank you for sharing your story. I bet it will help some other owners catch it quick if it ever happens again to their Cham. Sorry for the loss.:(

Shawn, Neptune was one gorgeous boy! When I think about him that picture of him lapping water comes to mind. You did everything you could for him and again I am so sorry you and Nepture had to go through all this.

I am very sorry to hear about this. I have a female that has lived with gout for 3 years now, her body is bloated and she lives in a modified cage. In the interest of learning about this, how did you supplement your guy?

I'm sorry to hear about this. It's never easy to have a pet die.

Collards and dandelion are either high, or moderately high in oxalates. I would consider switching up your gutload regularly for the benefit of the other animals. Both greens are great as a part of a varied gutload.

Shawn, Neptune was one gorgeous boy! When I think about him that picture of him lapping water comes to mind. You did everything you could for him and again I am so sorry you and Nepture had to go through all this.
Thank you Jann :) that was my favorite picture of him.
I am very sorry to hear about this. I have a female that has lived with gout for 3 years now, her body is bloated and she lives in a modified cage. In the interest of learning about this, how did you supplement your guy?
Oh that's horrible :( don't you hate gout? I usually dusted with calcium about 3x a week since he was fed every other day. And he was givin d3 once a month and multivitamins once a month. Before it was said that he might had developed the gout from me over supplementing the d3? I use to give it to him 2x's a month but he was also usually outdoors, he was outside almost everyday.
I'm sorry to hear about this. It's never easy to have a pet die.

Collards and dandelion are either high, or moderately high in oxalates. I would consider switching up your gutload regularly for the benefit of the other animals. Both greens are great as a part of a varied gutload.
thank you for the information! I did not know that and that's very good to know. I did gutload with mainly those two greens. I will switch up and mix in even more gutloads. Thank you.

I doubt that your supplementation schedule would have caused it, but who knows? We are only all just guessing at what works, and every animal is different.

Oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear about Neptune! He really was a spectacular panther. I'm so sorry that the gout didn't respond to anything you did, how horrible for both your you. But it's cear that you did absolutely everything you could, and I'm sure he appreciated it.

T, sorry for your loss. its never easy to seem them in difficulty or to put them down.

This is more true of Collard than of dandelion
but still a gutload needs to have a variety of nutrients
kelp is an excellent addition

Back
Top Bottom