got several questions

Okay I have had the cham since Dec and the cham has only shedded twice since Ive had him... So can anyone tell me how often they suppose to shed... Then again I havent seen any boo boo in his cage and I did a complete cage clean today... I removed the plants and wiped out the buttom of the cage and sprayed it down with reptile cleaner... Last question I have been putting in 5 crickets a day and he really dont eat them really he aint been eat as much... I did go and buy some super worms the other day and he will eat them with no problem really... could that be that he is going on strike from the crickets or what...He also like to stay close to the lower part of his cage or hide in the plants he rarely goes and bask... He just hasnt been acting hisself like he normally does... :confused:

Oh by the way the basking spot is between 80 to 85 and the cool is 70 to 78 degrees... I have a mist king that mist 3 times a day and a water dripper as well... the cage size is 4 ft tall and 2 ft wide and 2 ft deep and the plants are umbrella plant and a pothos plant... he is a blue bar panther and about a yr and a half

You should fill out the "how to ask for help" form. It is a sticky at the top of the health forum.

Some thins I would want to know- are crickets your only feeder, how do you gutload them, and what supplements do you use on them?

Chameleons like variety in there diet just like we do. Some good feeders are horn worms, silkworms, superworms, dubai roaches, butterworms & crickets. They will eat better if you only feed every other day and offer variety.

How do you monitor the temperature and humidity?

rather than me asking what the form ask could you please fill out the form? It gives us a lot more information to be able to offer opinions.

It kind of depends on how old the chameleon is.

Younger chameleons shed more because they are growing. They grow out of their skin. Once they reach adulthood, that slows way down. They continue to shed and continue to grow but at a pace that's a bit more "glacial". At a year and a half, shedding twice since December seems excessive to me, but I have small chameleons...it might be fine for something destined to be as large as a panther.

I'd check the plant for poop. Mine love to poop on the plant. You should check the soil around the plant too.

Superworms are a good feeder. If you know he likes them, then keep offering them.

One of mine was fed meal worms for a long time before I got him and he always seems to want worms. He doesn't care what kind, but he wants those worms.

If he's changed his behavior, then there is probably a reason. As Laurie has suggested, you should fill out the Health Forum's "How to Ask For Help" form..just copy and paste it into a reply, add your responses. My ancient old lady eyes would love you if you made your responses a different color, but that's not required by any means...I just so love it when it's done.

Back
Top Bottom