got lucky

jpm995

Established Member
Had a scare with my free range veiled cham [yoshi] yesterday. He has about a 16'x3' area over a 130gal pond in my living room that he calls home for over a year. My grandson found him in the kitchen [about 20' away] climbing on the oven. i'm glad he found him before my lab did. He was very angry, joey said he turned black and was hissing at him when he went to put him back. After all this time i never figured he'd take off like that. My wife had made spagetti and meatballs do you think.....

Chameleons will go everywhere. Be sure to keep the door shut so he can only roam freely in a safe room.

If he free ranges over a 103 gal pond, is it covered? If he falls or drops into it you will still most likely find him..... dead or alive. Chameleons are not known for swimming abilities. Him getting to the kitchen is scary. If the oven was on the heat may have drawn him to it. I am just so skeptical about my ability to keep one of my chams safe while free ranging. I would love to do it, but never will until I can be sure they would be 100% safe. That is a really hard goal to meet.

Back
Top Bottom