going to the toilet ??

darren

hi guys...i have had my veiled chameleon for four days...he has settled really well and is eating out the palm of my hand . he seems very relaxed and content . this is my very first chameleon and i have a small concern about the amount of times chams go to the toilet . reason being i have only found one dropping in the four days i have had him . what is your experience on this guys any feedback is most appreciated . again ...many thanks .

Where did you get your cham from. If if was a pet store is feeding could have been limited and that is why it is taking so long for him to deficate. Mine usually goes Once a day. Just keep an eye on him. How much are you feeding him. He may be impacted. Keep an eye on him.

Frank

when cosmo was a baby and i feed him alot he used to poop almost everyday. now that dont feed him as much and some days i dont feed him at all he doesnt poop as often. he might be impacted. what are you feeding him. certant feeders can cause copaction more than others. what are you feeding him? how often? and how much?? with that info people will be able to evauate your stituation a little better. also how old is your cham??

Mine usually go once a day. They can go to three in a day if they have been eating alot of vegation. Check in the flower pots if you have any (they like target practice) or maybe on some leaves you cannot see. He could be going but you may not see to easily. If he really is not going I would say something along the lines of what Frank said.

Jordan said:
Mine usually go once a day. They can go to three in a day if they have been eating alot of vegation. Check in the flower pots if you have any (they like target practice) or maybe on some leaves you cannot see. He could be going but you may not see to easily. If he really is not going I would say something along the lines of what Frank said.

Target practice...that would explain why my female veiled always goes in the dish at the bottom of her cage that collects the waste dripping water...lol.

surprising, ive actually seen my veieled run to a perch point, right above the water collecting cup, and poop in it, then leave the area.

i wasnt deliberatley watching her, dont think im some freak, :p

but she actually goes in the same, or very close to same place, to drop her load every time

My always deficates in the flower pots. I have read that some species in the wild use their feces to attract bugs. The bugs smell the poop come near and the chameleon is usually close enough to catch them when they do.

Back
Top Bottom