Gilbert in the morning

MIGhunter

20180926_104248.jpg

The video gave me a neck hernia...

I hope that red light isnt on during the night because thatll be bad.

Them little veilds are so full of attitude, I love em!

The video gave me a neck hernia...

I hope that red light isnt on during the night because thatll be bad.

Them little veilds are so full of attitude, I love em!

Ya why the red light?

Get rid of that, a regaulr Incan is best.
Nah, all of the lights are on a timer. They go off at night.

As for why, we already had it so until it burns out that's what we're going to use. Not to mention I'm my town it's hard to find incandescent bulbs now. Everyone has switched to Led for the environment.

Nah, all of the lights are on a timer. They go off at night.

As for why, we already had it so until it burns out that's what we're going to use. Not to mention I'm my town it's hard to find incandescent bulbs now. Everyone has switched to Led for the environment.

You can get halogens surely. They are cheap and that red bulb is not good for your Chameleon.

Pretty selfish statement you are making there. You can not spend 5 dollars to better your chams life........

You can get halogens surely. They are cheap and that red bulb is not good for your Chameleon.

Pretty selfish statement you are making there. You can not spend 5 dollars to better your chams life........
Nobody on here has ever said they are bad for chameleons other than using them at night. Please educate me on this. If it's true, I'll swap out the bulb right away.
p.s. My comment sounds sarcastic but I'm not trying to be. I just can't think of a way to phrase it any other way.

Nobody on here has ever said they are bad for chameleons other than using them at night. Please educate me on this. If it's true, I'll swap out the bulb right away.
p.s. My comment sounds sarcastic but I'm not trying to be. I just can't think of a way to phrase it any other way.

Will for starters, they go to light as heat, they recognize sunlight in that regard. Which is very cool white in the spring/summer, and slightly WW in the Fall/Winter never red lol.

For seconds how would you feel if all your are was constantly lit up by a red bulb? Lol.

The sell those things as night heat because somewhere some dummy said Chameleons can't see red, not only can they see red, they can see UV they have 4 cones to our 3. Not only will your chameleon be able to see this Red light, he will be able to see it and no it's not right, better than you.

It will feel unnatural, cause stress, change behavior patterns, all sorts of things.

What wattage do you recommend on a halogen or are they the same. I'm having to use a 100w bulb now to keep the temperature up. It's going into winter so something a little warm would be better.

Back
Top Bottom