Giant Outdoor Chameleon Cage

Wow I do not know how to react to this without using curse words of amazement.

Can I throw a hammock in there and move in permanently?

materials

That is truly a stunning outdoor enclosure. I am going to be building an outdoor enclosure soon. I was wondering where you purchased the exterior mesh and if it was coated welded wire or plastic. I have looked at a couple of hardware stores in town, but didn't find anything like that.

Thank you.
The wire is PVC coated galvanized welded wire. I think it is 16 gage. It is pretty stiff stuff. I went with that gage because of the width. Home depot has some green PVC coated wire in narrower widths and a thinner gage.

Here's where I got the wire. It's pretty expensive and would cost a lot to ship.
http://www.globalwirecloth.net/

I used the green HD stuff on this cage.
IMG_3550.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

That is truly a stunning outdoor enclosure. I am going to be building an outdoor enclosure soon. I was wondering where you purchased the exterior mesh and if it was coated welded wire or plastic. I have looked at a couple of hardware stores in town, but didn't find anything like that.

i have a question, how did u made your decision base on which part of your yard is the the cage going to be built? is it because it side that give the most/least sun? is it the way the sun rotating during the day?

Well, our yard isn't that large so it was a matter of space. We designated part of our yard for the Chameleons and a raised garden. The cage and the garden get sun all day. We also live by the beach so our tempretures are much cooler than inland.

i have a question, how did u made your decision base on which part of your yard is the the cage going to be built? is it because it side that give the most/least sun? is it the way the sun rotating during the day?

Well, our yard isn't that large so it was a matter of space. We designated part of our yard for the Chameleons and a raised garden. The cage and the garden get sun all day. We also live by the beach so our tempretures are much cooler than inland.

i see, i was asking because i wanted to build a cage outside but the spot where i was going to put it doesnt get any sun until 11:00am and doesnt stop until sunset. idk if that should be a great ideal.

Back
Top Bottom