Giant African land snails

tryme

Who owns? What are they like? I might get one or two but I know two will produce ALOT of young.

All I can say is "ewwww" :p
Sorry... I don't like how snail looks.
and my biology lesson about parasites host back then did not help the snail to win some reputation point.

But, here is some images i googled :)
snail1.JPG

giant-african-snail-4.jpg

GiantAfricanSnail1-full.jpg

That is one large creepy species.

I like them I don't know why. Just like the idea of them starting small and growing into large healthy animals with my help lol.

:O !!!

I like them!! I am sure that they are illegal here, though. We are too hospitable to invasive species. I have a large pet European garden snail now and yes...she exploded babies. I found her in the yard, ID'd her and found her to be invasive and just sort of put her in a nice little terrarium :confused: I didn't want to kill her but didn't want her reproducing in the wild.

snail1.JPG
AWW!

Those are cute! I like snails. I have no idea how you would go about keeping one as a pet, but if you do, keep us posted!

wow!!!!!!!! i just noticed how big they are thats amazing i didnt realize that was a hand holding them. where do these come from?

I think I'll just stick to dubia for now. It took me a whole year to get over the idea of raising giant roaches. The snails would be pushing it too far for me.

Are those the Giant African Snail babies in that photo? Did you just get them today? Awesome! I still think they're cute. :cool: What is the life span on those little dudes? I know they're illegal in America. They will raid your house for those guys. I read an article on it while I was looking up information on them. :eek:

Yeah they are quite young only a few months i'd say at most. They live for around 5 years but are known to live longer up to around 9. Yeah you guys really can't have these lol. They are prolific breeders and they eat ALOT of veg etc.

They are actually illegal in the states. I hear they can come with a hefty fine. If it was something you was prepared to risk i'm sure you could find them though.

Back
Top Bottom