Giant horned worms

CryptKeeper

What do you guys do with the giant horned worms that your Cham can’t eat? I bought about 18 tiny ones most are now so big it’s not even a question if he can eat them lol. I live on Long Island Ny do you guys just release them outside?

You could pupate them into hawk moths by putting them in a bin with some moist cococoir…. Hawk moths are pretty big though and I have noticed a lot of people talk about them being a choking hazard because of that fact. I was able to feed a couple off to my chameleon and he did ok… ☺️

You could pupate them into hawk moths by putting them in a bin with some moist cococoir…. Hawk moths are pretty big though and I have noticed a lot of people talk about them being a choking hazard because of that fact. I was able to feed a couple off to my chameleon and he did ok… ☺️
Yeah my guy is too small for them I think, he’s only about 4 months old

I let them turn into moths! It’s fun to watch them and the moths are nutritious and imo the bodies are a little smaller than the grubs, but obviously the wings are there so they’re still a pretty big bug.

Weird one or two never grew at all and are so tiny and still a few he can eat. But most are about 4” long and about as thick as my finger. There’s barely room in the container anymore

They don’t need any food in there just the cococoir?

Yeah mine choked on a hornworm a couple weeks ago. Scared the crap outta me. I was so sure it was small enough. I posted about it and someone suggested slowing their growth by putting them in the fridge for a couple hours. Just don’t forget about them in there.

Is the length of the horn worms the main issue? I have some that aren’t too thick but kinda long. Wonder if he can handle that. A dubia roach must’ve escaped awhile ago and he just found it was HUGE and he ate it no problem. Took some chewing though lol

The moth thing is kind of cool. And then when I fed her one and she took a while I panicked. They’re pretty big😂
Some people say put them in a baggie and freeze so they die and then throw away.

Back
Top Bottom