Getting ready for a pair of Brookesia Therezieni

SerpeRoma

Avid Member
Hey guys!
As stated in the title, I'm getting 2 Brookesias tomorrow, they're both WC purchased from Chameleon Cans.

I will be housing them in the same tank, split in 2 with a sheet of coroplast.

Unfortunately the enclosure is not 100% ready yet, due to a missing piece in the MistKing, but other than that, I'm pretty much ready to house them.

IMG_20220606_155020.jpg

Side 1
IMG_20220606_155026.jpg

Side 2

IMG_20220606_155036.jpg

I've installed the coroplast for two reasons:

•The chams that I'm getting have been kept individually, so I don't want to disturb their balance by housing them together.

•When it will be time to breed them, all I'll have to do is remove the sheet.

I've used a simple shower door seal strip, cut the lip and glued it with silicone in the middle of the tank. The coroplast sits 1/8" below the soil.
IMG_20220606_155122.jpg

IMG_20220606_155201.jpg

The only things that I'm missing are the grow lights and the reservoir bulkhead for the MistKing (on its way).

I want to give a huge shout-out to @Mendez for sharing his knowledge and helping me out step by step throughout the whole process and also a big shout-out to @javadi for helping me choose the right species, acknowledging me on what to expect from each one. Thanks a lot to both of you!

Finally, these are the chameleons that are going to be here tomorrow!
image.jpg
1654175522658_image.jpg

Wish me luck 🤞

Very exciting!!! Your terrariums turned out very well! And your pygmies are going to have a great time in them. I would say that your terrarium could use a little more foliage, but ferns rapidly take over terrariums, so you'll have lots of foliage soon enough. Though it never hurts to place another plant or two in the meantime. They'll definitely climb on anything they can get their tiny mitts onto.

That coroplast divider is a job well done! The female is going to be happy being separated, the male not so much. 😅

Very exciting!!! Your terrariums turned out very well! And your pygmies are going to have a great time in them. I would say that your terrarium could use a little more foliage, but ferns rapidly take over terrariums, so you'll have lots of foliage soon enough. Though it never hurts to place another plant or two in the meantime. They'll definitely climb on anything they can get their tiny mitts onto.

That coroplast divider is a job well done! The female is going to be happy being separated, the male not so much. 😅
Thanks for the extra advice, I'll put more plants before getting them in!

May i suggest pea plants I only have a pair of thieli but mine will avidly climb on the vines of the pea plants and they grow FAST like a mini pothos just not as much foleage on them but extra climbing opportunities that are flexible
Where are you buying the seeds from? I need to buy some real quick lol

Where are you buying the seeds from? I need to buy some real quick lol
Amazon also sells a 1lb bag of them that are organic and grow amazingly well, for like $10. They're all over the place though, lots of good options. If you find some interesting species of pea that's different than usual and works well for you, please let us know!

Hey guys!
As stated in the title, I'm getting 2 Brookesias tomorrow, they're both WC purchased from Chameleon Cans.

I will be housing them in the same tank, split in 2 with a sheet of coroplast.

Unfortunately the enclosure is not 100% ready yet, due to a missing piece in the MistKing, but other than that, I'm pretty much ready to house them.

View attachment 325260
Side 1
View attachment 325261
Side 2

View attachment 325263

I've installed the coroplast for two reasons:

•The chams that I'm getting have been kept individually, so I don't want to disturb their balance by housing them together.

•When it will be time to breed them, all I'll have to do is remove the sheet.

I've used a simple shower door seal strip, cut the lip and glued it with silicone in the middle of the tank. The coroplast sits 1/8" below the soil.
View attachment 325265
View attachment 325266

The only things that I'm missing are the grow lights and the reservoir bulkhead for the MistKing (on its way).

I want to give a huge shout-out to @Mendez for sharing his knowledge and helping me out step by step throughout the whole process and also a big shout-out to @javadi for helping me choose the right species, acknowledging me on what to expect from each one. Thanks a lot to both of you!

Finally, these are the chameleons that are going to be here tomorrow!View attachment 325268View attachment 325269

Wish me luck 🤞
Gorgeous keep us posted.

I got my thieli from there I hear chameleon cans are the best spot for wild caughts and with how well my pair are doing I can say it’s pretty true

Back
Top Bottom