Getting my Panther Chameleon!!

Jjrivera2

Hi,
So tommorow I am getting my panther chameleon and I am so excited!! Just wanted to know if anybody had any tips or anything like that thank you:)

Hi Congrats! Make sure you mist down the cage so that the leaves are wet. Baby will be thirsty and you should offer food. Your going to want to let him settle in for the first two weeks to get used to his new home.

Congrats!! It is very exciting to bring these beautiful critters home. What locale are you getting? I am actually getting my new panther on Saturday. :) He is a Sambava x Ambilobe.

Congrats!! It is very exciting to bring these beautiful critters home. What locale are you getting? I am actually getting my new panther on Saturday. :) He is a Sambava x Ambilobe.
Is getting a Ambilobe. Post a picture when you get him I’d love to see him!! He’s my first chameleon so I am very excited!!:)

Hi,
So tommorow I am getting my panther chameleon and I am so excited!! Just wanted to know if anybody had any tips or anything like that thank you:)
So trust what people are saying about adjusting. Be patient and let him come to you. Don’t force the issue. Been a little over a month here and I am telling you patience goes a long way. These people in these forums rock! Should definently follow Neptune the chameleon on Instagram. She has a lot of awesome videos on pretty much everything. My little Tito ate from a hand held cup today and came towards me to get it. Some body in this forum mentioned just think of how scared the little guys are and give them there space.

Do you know how old it is and is it being shipped?
And yes he’s being shipped
So trust what people are saying about adjusting. Be patient and let him come to you. Don’t force the issue. Been a little over a month here and I am telling you patience goes a long way. These people in these forums rock! Should definently follow Neptune the chameleon on Instagram. She has a lot of awesome videos on pretty much everything. My little Tito ate from a hand held cup today and came towards me to get it. Some body in this forum mentioned just think of how scared the little guys are and give them there space.
Ok thank you so much!!:)

If you are picking him/her up just be aware that if you open that deli container in your car your Cham might bolt out of it. And make sure not to set the box in direct sun in your car. So exciting!

If you are picking him/her up just be aware that if you open that deli container in your car your Cham might bolt out of it. And make sure not to set the box in direct sun in your car. So exciting!
Thank u so much!! Do u reccomend opening him in the car? I planned on opening him when I got home

Also I just heard this and just wanted to make sure that it is normal. When they come people say there’s don’t eat usually for a week is that normal?

If you can resist and not too far would probably wait. We had no self restraint so we brought along his baby bin (he was just 2 mos old). Not sure if anyone mentioned yet but feeders should generally be not bigger than the distance between your cham’s eyes.

Thanks for the shoutout @thewise21 :)

No don't open them in the car. Wait until you get home. And it's normal for them to not eat their first few days. Or they'll eat the first day and then won't the next few days.

Also normal for them to climb the screen as babies and as they explore their new home:

Also normal for their first few poops to not look quite normal yet especially if they are being shipped.

Chameleons are also shy eaters and drinkers which is why cup feeding is recommended and why we check they are hydrated from their urates.

Back
Top Bottom