Getting colder and colder and colder and colder and colder and colder

King4Zerg

So I live in Florida and where I am it's getting in the thirty's at night. How can I keep it warmer for my veily cham?

Sk does this work or should I use these

Attachments

• 46CB18B1-5F52-45E5-909D-C8664DB14669.png
    46CB18B1-5F52-45E5-909D-C8664DB14669.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 107
  • C53E3747-97BF-4E3D-B963-3DAEBFDEBB0C.jpeg
    C53E3747-97BF-4E3D-B963-3DAEBFDEBB0C.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 107
Are your chams outside? If so, can you bring them inside for the few weeks it will be cold? If not, what is your inside temp? I'm in KY at the outside them is 28 - inside is 70...daylight heat only & it gets down to 68 inside.

If you don't want to just heat your reptile room you can buy a ceramic heat emitter it generates heat like a basking bulb without light. It will work in the same kind of fixture.

Yep, you will only need it for the coldest part of the night. You don't want them overly warm at night. They benefit from a night time temperature drop as in nature.

yea, I'm up in md and its like 21-29 degrees at night and so I keep Apollo in with a che so hes not cold if its a screen cage you can try covering one side of the cage with Styrofoam and insulating it

I'd rather not by a glass since One I really don't want to, and two I'm building a nice and big enclosure. Question what is the minimum temp at night for a veily? If I need a space heater I'll use it but I don't think so. Also Tiosk I don't need a glass I live in Florida and this is only a small season.

I see what you are saying but it is always a nice backup for those cold nights. Because see? You are looking and asking for heaters and stuff, with glass, that is less of a concern

Please try not to take offence of this but I don't really want to spend the money for a backup cause I would have to buy: A glass enclosure, vines, sticks, plants, a thermometer. It would be A LOT cheaper if I just bought a heat lamp.

I added a ceramic bulb on one side this winter to keep temps up, and it has been working great. I have a large full screen enclosure. Maybe start with the lower wattage and work your way up from there to suit the temperatures you are looking to maintain.

I'd rather not by a glass since One I really don't want to, and two I'm building a nice and big enclosure. Question what is the minimum temp at night for a veily? If I need a space heater I'll use it but I don't think so. Also Tiosk I don't need a glass I live in Florida and this is only a small season.
Get a low wattage ceramic heat emitter if it drops below 50*F

Back
Top Bottom