Furcifer campani

Joery

Does anyone have data available about the gestation period of this species? (apart from the book from Petr Necas or the publication in sauria where it says it would be around 40 days)
The copulation occured 29 days ago and you can clearly see the eggs pushing against the skin now and shifting while she walks. The female is still eating and drinking very good, for now i can see no signs of weakening whatsoever. She's very vital. She looks a bit restless, going from one branch to another this morning, so i guess she will start to dig test holes in the next days/week.
I will post some pics from the pregnant female this evening. She looks like a little balloon ;)

best regards

Joery

As promised, here are some pics of the pregnant female (day 30 of gestation):

3881661733_775c14aaaa.jpg

3882468182_0cabc39af8.jpg

3882476644_1edf46b4bb.jpg

3882485268_5b22db73be.jpg

3881696885_cf5fb1a0ed.jpg

3881718081_b3abb556fd.jpg

and a picture for those who like neon lights!

3882505992_bef926fb73.jpg

best regards

Joery

Wow, that is the most beautiful F. campani I've ever seen! I had some back before the trade suspension but my female didn't look anywhere near that colorful! Gorgeous.

Update: After 61 days of gestation she successfully laid a clutch of 12 eggs without any human interference. It took her 5 hours to lay the eggs (1 egg every 15-20 mins approximately) and my entire night of sleep, but it was sooo worth it to watch it and run around like a zombie now :) After her egg deposition she started her normal activity again and already drank some water. No real exhaustment was observed (except my own)

kind regards

Incubation period should be around the same as furcifer lateralis, although not many people have been succesfull in hatching their eggs in the past, the only real data i know was published in Sauria 1992 and stated it should be around 230days

I had few clutches in first half of 90-ties. That one that hatched sucessfully I incubated that way: 3 months at 25C. Than I lowered temperature 1deg Celsius every day up to 15C. After 6 weeks I lifted it same way (every 2 days 1 deg Celsius up to 25). Than after approximately 3 months hatched.
Previous clutches kept at approximately 25 did not hatched. Did not hatched 2 cluthces where I lowered temperature in 3 days every day about 3 deg Celsius and lifted in 2 days 5 deg each.
However I lost all babies except 2 (both males) between 2-3 month of age. Probably they need UV or day-night temperature difference. At that time were vitamin supplements not so developed as well.

beauriful animals Joery!
They keep on looking very halthy. I hope you continu your succes and you will be able to hatch your eggs.

Back
Top Bottom