Funniest Cham Pics

IMG_4034.jpeg
Getting a better view of his food

He is so bold and snoopy when the door is closed but as soon as that latch gets turned he runs for the ivy. Curious but cautious cham lol
Mine still won't even let me feed him a silk on a stick. A stick!! He's cool with me near the enclosure but if I stick my hand in at all or a stick he gets aggressive real quick lol And if I don't quickly leave he'll retreat.

Mine still won't even let me feed him a silk on a stick. A stick!! He's cool with me near the enclosure but if I stick my hand in at all or a stick he gets aggressive real quick lol And if I don't quickly leave he'll retreat.
I have only had this guy for a month or so and I’m not holding him. He’s not aggressive, just really shy and it’s adorable. But without hand feeding I really don’t have many tools to earn his trust.

I have only had this guy for a month or so and I’m not holding him. He’s not aggressive, just really shy and it’s adorable. But without hand feeding I really don’t have many tools to earn his trust.
I've had Spike since Jul 26, so just about a month now! I've only tried hand feeding a few times (can really only do this during the weekend since I work 8-4 during summer), and a couple times he was super curious and almost seemed to want to do it.... but didn'. He typically ends up puffing up and getting aggressive before retreating lol I just take it away when I see him reacting that way.

I'm just gonna keep trying here or there. I'm also trying to balance with him becoming comfortable in his new home so I really try not to disturb him too much. But at the same time I know I have to keep trying it to an extent so he gets used to me. Hopefully soon!

I've had Spike since Jul 26, so just about a month now! I've only tried hand feeding a few times (can really only do this during the weekend since I work 8-4 during summer), and a couple times he was super curious and almost seemed to want to do it.... but didn'. He typically ends up puffing up and getting aggressive before retreating lol I just take it away when I see him reacting that way.

I'm just gonna keep trying here or there. I'm also trying to balance with him becoming comfortable in his new home so I really try not to disturb him too much. But at the same time I know I have to keep trying it to an extent so he gets used to me. Hopefully soon!
Well I’m trying to use a feeder cup so these crickets stop running everywhere. But now he’s afraid of the cup so I will feed him like normal and leave the cup in there. When he’s used to it I’ll start putting crickets in there. Then maybe he will associate the cup with good things. Then I can hold the cup, then maybe take away the cup and give hand feeding a try. Baby steps, baby steps haha

Well I’m trying to use a feeder cup so these crickets stop running everywhere. But now he’s afraid of the cup so I will feed him like normal and leave the cup in there. When he’s used to it I’ll start putting crickets in there. Then maybe he will associate the cup with good things. Then I can hold the cup, then maybe take away the cup and give hand feeding a try. Baby steps, baby steps haha
aw I know you had him for about a month but how old is he? Or did you get him as a hatchling!?

Spike actually didn't eat from the feeder I got from Framschams right away. @Beman had suggested I raise the feeder so he can see into it better (I put it so that the bottom part of the window he can see into, is level with branches nearby) and ever since he's been a cricket eating machine :-D

They DO escape the feeder though! But hes really good with eating them when they're running around lol

aw I know you had him for about a month but how old is he? Or did you get him as a hatchling!?

Spike actually didn't eat from the feeder I got from Framschams right away. @Beman had suggested I raise the feeder so he can see into it better (I put it so that the bottom part of the window he can see into, is level with branches nearby) and ever since he's been a cricket eating machine :-D

They DO escape the feeder though! But hes really good with eating them when they're running around lol
He was born in February so he’s 6 months now. I put the cup up on the top right and he really got scared so now it’s down front where he can hopefully see it during his patrols

Back
Top Bottom