Frogs

Cozzy

Would it be possible to put a frog in the viv with a veiled cham, the viv is 4 feet high and wide and there's one cham in there. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before

Yes they will, just as quickly as they would a small bird, cricket, roach, etc. If it looks like food then it is food to them.

I'm intrigued. Would they use their tongue like they were catching a cricket?

isnt that the only way a chameleon knows how 2 catch it's prey..?? so my guess would be yes.....but, i'm wondering if the frogs skin textur and moisture levels are suitable for a chams tongue to latch on to.....:confused:

their tongue would not work since it is a wet surface. my cham's get slugs from time to time and they can't shoot them so they have gotten used to just biting them off a branch.
drew

Never say never.
I have had a Fire bellied Toad living in the same enclosure as my Veiled Chameleon since I had my Chameleon. Over a year now and absolutely no problems.
Likely my unique enclosure is what has allowed the toad and chameleon to live in relative harmony together for so long.

fire_bellied_toad_lg.jpg

Really just depends on the veiled. An aggressive one would not allow the presence of one in it's territory regardless of whether it considered it a food source or not. A veiled chameleon would have no problem breaking the bones of a frog with a bite. I am suprised that your veiled is not stressed by the frog's presence. Not saying it is not possible but just odd.

Back
Top Bottom