Friendly vs. Jerk-face

I didn't look at that video I'm sensitive too.

The video I posted of the coyote playing with the pit bull?

There is nothing on it but what appears to be a coyote playing with a big puppy (bigger than the coyote). What is so disturbing about the video, and there are numerous ones like it on YouTube, is that the owner of the puppy was completely oblivious to what was really going on. So was the puppy.

It looks like play, but anyone who understands hunting strategies of coyotes, knows there is no play involved. It was a trap.

That's interesting and I agree sometimes people are blind to behaviors or they misinterpreted the behavior as something cute that's really a trap. Totally get it I just don't think it apply s to her post. I knew she loved her Cham right away because she called it a jerk face.

That's interesting and I agree sometimes people are blind to behaviors or they misinterpreted the behavior as something cute that's really a trap. Totally get it I just don't think it apply s to her post. I knew she loved her Cham right away because she called it a jerk face.

What has love got to do with it? She expressed a lot of disappointment in her pet. Her disappointment was about normal, expected chameleon behaviors. Love has nothing to do with it. It is about realistic expectations.

There's no animal being hurt her so the aggressive nature your showing may be something to look at. The frog forum usually has lively debates but this is my happy place. Thank you for your input on the behaviors. Have a nice day.

ChamieNewbie, this may be helpful to you. It's a blog by a forum member about "taming" a new chameleon.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/psychobunny/746-taming-chameleon.html

Some chameleons are going to be naturally more shy than others, just like people, but through consistent and positive behaviour, you can reduce his fear of you. The important thing is to let the chameleon engage you at his pace.

Have you tried opening the cage door and putting a vine leading to a plant where he can free range? It may take time, but eventually he will be curious enough to explore and will be far less fearful if he can leave the cage on his own power.

It didn't seem like anyone had answered your underlying question about HOW to improve your interactions. Several people have reported success using some of the methods described in that post. It will take time, but associating you with food and freedom will be the key to developing trust.

Thank you Lathis very much because that was exactly what I was looking for lol. I really appreciate it. Jean I think I was correct originally when I stated you were misunderstanding me, because I was never ever disappointed in him. Not at all, not even a little bit. I was trying to figure out how to have a better relationship with him so to speak so he is not so terribly frightened of me every time I go near his enclosure. Again I need do things for him often enough that I feel bad for him being that scared. If he never wants to come out and climb on my arm and chill I'm ok with that but I hate he is soooooooo terrified. I understand why he is but I hate it for him. So again I feel like you are misunderstanding what I'm trying to say.
Candy lol we must have similar personalities because as soon as someone says jerk-face or something like that I immediately know it's a term of endearment lol.
Again Lathis thank you a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom