Free roaming

TheGreenMachine67

Should I be worried about my chameleon free roaming my room? I figure he would go back to his cage, but he is Venturing out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 58E9B3FF-EFE1-42B1-A47A-026EB0CEE12A.jpeg
    58E9B3FF-EFE1-42B1-A47A-026EB0CEE12A.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 122
Do you think it would be a bad idea to leave the room while he is running around? Also I didn’t expect him to go out this far I thought he would stay on the plant next to his cage.

I would not leave him unattended until you have a safe area set up for him. When they are young they roam everywhere and people on here even have them lost in there house and some don’t find them until it’s to late.

Okay thank you. I read the handling link you sent me yesterday. The guy said how to get them on you hand to go home. He’s in a awkward spot right now to put my hand in front Of him. I tried to put my hand under him gently and he hissed when I touched him.

You said..." He’s in a awkward spot right now to put my hand in front Of him. I tried to put my hand under him gently and he hissed when I touched him"...if you're worried about him biting you...put a long sleeved sweatshirt on and pull it down over your hand so there's no hand showing and try to pick him up how you were instructed. He shouldn't be able to bite you through the shirt.

Concerning free ranging....they need exposure to UVB enough to stay healthy...they need access to water and food....they need to be able to warm up when they need to. Can you orovide this if you're free ranging him Food for thought.

Thanks for the help! Also my temperatures in my room are like 75-80 when I have him outside of his cage. I set up my uvb and basking on the plant I have him on the most of the time he is out. I crank up my heat while he’s roaming. I have noticed ever since he has started venturing out of his cage that when I get him back in the cage he has a dark coloration. Could he be unhappy with being in his cage?

Back
Top Bottom