Found! Don't ever give up hope!

Shawn Raquel

I found him yesterday! Rather he found me! After almost four days and fairly cold nights, "misplaced" NOT lost, as I told my husband!, in the house, k2 came strolling up like it was nothing! A bit dehydrated, dark & hungry.. but otherwise not a mark on him! What a relief! After systematic morning and night searches we still can't imagine where he could have been!! Kinda tripping us out! Regardless, after a shower, tummy full of crickets, roaches & butter worms, basking time in his favorite back yard bamboo, hes back home.. tucked away for sleepy time.. content.. FOR NOW! :p Thank you very much for all the suggestions!

Attachments

• 20130609_195414.jpg
    20130609_195414.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 20130525_160818.jpg
    20130525_160818.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 20130609_213229.jpg
    20130609_213229.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 20130605_215633.jpg
    20130605_215633.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 149
Great news! You are very lucky as losing them in the house for a long period of time is basically a death sentence unfortunately. Atleast when they are lost outside they can forage for food and water. So glad you found him!!!!

Awesome for you! My 1st panther got away last March when his cage blew over in the backyard and is still MIA. I'm happy to see that you've been reunited!

He was probably hanging out in one of your closets, hanging onto a coat or something. Or behind a TV sleeping on the wires. They're weird little animals like that! Glad you found him!

ooh i like his house!

He was probably hanging out in one of your closets, hanging onto a coat or something. Or behind a TV sleeping on the wires. They're weird little animals like that! Glad you found him!

I must have searched every cord, piece of clothing and anything with an underneath, couches.. washing machine.. box spring.. places he couldnt get unless he had wings.. I started to think he opened the front door and took off.. its still baffling! Sneaky little guy!

Thanks, I'm super glad hes back from adventuring too!

Someone seriously needs to make a Cham tracking app. Haha, maybe he went under the couch. I have a Chinchilla that escaped and got lost for a week in my house. Came to find out he had squeezed himself under the cloth barrier under our couch. He was living in there and apparently had been sneaking food from a cereal box in the kitchen. As for water, I am still puzzled. Keep a watchful eye out for adventurous pets.

I am glad you found him before your cat did ! :)

Congrats!
Yea, Naughty has proven to be a gentlemen year after year with my chams! But even with that said, I was very watchful! Naughty is outside when I'm not home and pretty much napping within site when he is inside! I know it still makes you all nervous! Sorry! But I love my Naughty and I'm determined to provide the best life for both!

Man glad to hear that you found your buddy! He is a good looking fellow if i may say also! One time my GF pushed the door closed on my chams cage but forgot to latch it locked, so needless to say he got. When I got home i searched everywhere in my room like under the bed, closet, shoes, laundry, and shelves. Then I gave it a little thought and remembered they are almost always gonna go some place high, so I reversed my search and looked from the top and all around. I found him literally a foot from his cage on the back of his free range uvb fixture basically touching the ceiling! The little guy had reached out of his cage grabbed the wires and scaled to the heavens!

Man glad to hear that you found your buddy! He is a good looking fellow if i may say also! One time my GF pushed the door closed on my chams cage but forgot to latch it locked, so needless to say he got. When I got home i searched everywhere in my room like under the bed, closet, shoes, laundry, and shelves. Then I gave it a little thought and remembered they are almost always gonna go some place high, so I reversed my search and looked from the top and all around. I found him literally a foot from his cage on the back of his free range uvb fixture basically touching the ceiling! The little guy had reached out of his cage grabbed the wires and scaled to the heavens!

They can be so sneaky and agile! It amazes me! Thanks, and I'm glad you found your adventurous little guy too!

Back
Top Bottom