For all my fellow Jackson's owners...

Bush baby

Avid Member
For all my fellow Jackson's chameleon lovers and owners..how, after shedding, do you get that extra dead skin off your baby's head in that area right between the horns!

I love Jackson's to death, but having him shed, clear off all the dead skin via rubbing against branches himself, only to have a chunk of it stuck in-between the horns, every single time is, well..you feel what i'm saying.

Do you guys just leave it there or pull it off?

If its been there for several days I will gently rub w a wet Q tip to see of its just lodged between the horns. If it comes right out then problem solved.

I use a small child's paint brush to dislodge it. If the shed is ready to come off it pops right out from between the horns when the bristles touch it. My Monty is such a sweet, loveable character! There is something that bit extra special with Jacksons isn't there? :D

If its been there for several days I will gently rub w a wet Q tip to see of its just lodged between the horns. If it comes right out then problem solved.

Should work, or at least help loosen it up so it does fall off on its own. I know, it is tempting to get rid of something that keeps our boys from looking their best!

Ferdinand has had some old shed on his head ridges and around the horns for quite some time. I got most of it off with an old toothbrush and wet qtips (boy, did he hate that...). I've been keeping an eye on the remaining bits, making sure everything looks alright underneath, but I haven't tried to force it off. This is the first time he's had trouble with a head shed. Lots of misting and fingers crossed it comes off on its own.

Used a toothbrush today and got it off. I usually just leave it there but every time i see pics of Jacksons on the forums here, they're free of the skin stuck between the horns.

Back
Top Bottom