Food colonies for chams? Who has food colonies for their chams?

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Hi, I am wondering who has food colonies for their chameleons? I just got my new 11 month old female veiled chameleon yesterday and she is sweet as can be :) but who really does breed their chams food. I have mealworms, supers, and just recently found out tht I have been breeding waxworms in the cup they came in... I also tried crickets but they never succeeded...

Dubias are the easiest to breed.

That's what I heard! Lol... I was supposed to get some from the kid who sold me my female yesterday but he never brought them or any of the food :/ and now I'm kinda running low.... Do you know if petco or petsmart sells them?! Because I need dubia hornworms butterworms more supers and more waxworms :/

That's what I heard! Lol... I was supposed to get some from the kid who sold me my female yesterday but he never brought them or any of the food :/ and now I'm kinda running low.... Do you know if petco or petsmart sells them?! Because I need dubia hornworms butterworms more supers and more waxworms :/

No. Petsmart sells crickets, mealworms, superworms, and waxworms. Sometimes fruit flies

I hope you can get her on a good calcium schedule

Me too! She is super sweet! He never hisses or tries to bite... :) she also has gorgeous colouring! I an starting her supplements tomorrow when I feed her... He never told me how often I should feed her so I am going for everyother day to feed her.. Got any suggestions? She has a UVA/UVB bulbs and a basking bulb.. And she's got a 3 ft high by 2ft wide by 2ft deep. And live plant and branches to sit on she gets misted 3 times a day and gets tone outside in her cage when weather permits :)

I think you should use this schedule.

Calcium without D3(plain calcium) every other feeding

Calcium with D3 twice a month. I do it the 1st and 15th of every month

Multivitamin once a month. I use it the 2oth of each month

I think you should use this schedule.

Calcium without D3(plain calcium) every other feeding

Calcium with D3 twice a month. I do it the 1st and 15th of every month

Multivitamin once a month. I use it the 2oth of each month

I will follow that :) thanks Stefan! I just have to wait for Thursday to get the vitamins w/o d3 an the multivitamin... I usually go to the cities every week and once a month I stock up thanks! :) btw what do you feed Clea? Also how old is she she seems to be the same size as Clea?

Hi, I am wondering who has food colonies for their chameleons? [...] but who really does breed their chams food.

Lots of people do. Especially those with more than one chameleon.
Breeding your own bugs ensures you always have feeders on hand (you will never fear a shortage at the pet store, postal strike or severe weather stopping a bug shipment). You know exactly what your feeders have been eating and how they've been kept. You will likely save money.

I breed hissers, turks, dubia, silkworms, indian walking sticks, superworms, mealworms, terrestrial isopods, fruit flies, and some crickets ( I only breed crickets for pinheads - 2 weeks.) I started to keep grove snails, but decided that was one item too many. LOL

Lots of people do. Especially those with more than one chameleon.
Breeding your own bugs ensures you always have feeders on hand (you will never fear a shortage at the pet store, postal strike or severe weather stopping a bug shipment). You know exactly what your feeders have been eating and how they've been kept. You will likely save money.

I breed hissers, turks, dubia, silkworms, indian walking sticks, superworms, mealworms, terrestrial isopods, fruit flies, and some crickets ( I only breed crickets for pinheads - 2 weeks.) I started to keep grove snails, but decided that was one item too many. LOL

Yeah! That is soo cool! I especially have to breed them because of winter in SD gets bad! :( but I have tried the crickets and both times didn't succeed. I was wondering about the walking sticks... Where would I find them and how would I breed them!? I do have two chams now and it would be much easier to breed them instead of paying the outrageous prices at the lousy petstorein my town! It's 10 bucks for 100 mealies! I can get them cheaper in petco 100 for like 3 bucks! But the breeding of mealies are way easy! I need dubias and walking sticks my female would love them! Isopods too! I just call them dolly pollies lol

Back
Top Bottom