Foming at the mouth and puffing?

StickyPad

Help! I took my baby veiled stickypad (female, 8 months) out of her tank and offered her some orange. She chomped a segment a bit and then I put her in the window on a stick. Now she is sat there with her head up and some foam came out her mouth!!! She opened her mouth and puffed her chin....WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER? Help me I'm worried!

Sounds like it could be a respiratory infection. Does she should like she's coughing or wheezing at all (sometimes they make a clicking noise when breathing)? Chameleons will often tilt their heads up when they have a respiratory infection, and have excess mucous in their mouths.

I would keep a close eye on her, but I think a visit to the vet might be in order. If it is a respiratory infection, she will need antibiotics. Good luck with her.

She is back in her laying tank ( don't know if you saw my previous thread) and has filled in the hole that I started to get her going, now is covered in sand! She jerked her head like she had hiccups....

I'm not sure if citrus fruit is a good choice. It may be too acidic. It's possible she is reacting to a strong taste.

Hopefully it isn't something serious.

If the symptoms continue I would definitely seek Vetrinary assistance as soon as possible.

Definitely keep us all posted

no, someone suggested I let her go back into her origional tank for a bit, and I fed her some orange and then let her have natural sun light in the window. then put her back in the laying tank. But i'm just going to leave her now - not even any skeeky peeks!

Back
Top Bottom