Flex Seal Liquid SDS sheet

blue_cham

Established Member
Recently sent an email to the Flex Seal company and thought I'd share the info. They replied "Yes, Flex Seal Liquid should work for your project because once fully cured, it is non-hazardous, non-toxic, safe around plants and animals and NSF food grade safe." And included the SDS sheet, which I appreciate. The NSF food grade safe is pretty reassuring. Note that Flex Seal has several products, this is for their Liquid not the spray can. From the looks of their website, the spray can version does not have the same non-toxic labels.

I have recently been considering using Flex Seal Liquid in use of terrarium builds, it comes in black and clear as well as a couple of other colors. It's a bit expensive but no worse than aquarium silicone. I have a curio cabinet build coming up and am thinking of using the clear, to seal the inside wood, that won't be covered by the pond foam/coconut fiber wall. I also recently wondered if it could be used to coat wire mesh for outdoor enclosures. Although the price would probably come out the same as buying pvc coated wire.

Attachments

• Flex Seal liquid SDS.pdf
    232.5 KB · Views: 1,160
Glad to hear you were able to confirm it's safety with them. I did a bunch of research on it not too long ago and saw that they listed it as animal safe on their website and found a bunch of other forums where people used it for koi ponds and custom aquariums so I went ahead and used it to line the inside of a DIY planter box that I made for one of my cages. It's been holding soil and water for the last few months with no issue so I'm sure it'd work for what you're wanting too.

Back
Top Bottom