flap necked cham bite?

Fred

I've read about the veilds bite but couldn't find anything on flap necked chams, fred has never tried to bite me {yet} but what I want to know is if he does how serious is it? I mean pain wise, I'm a chicken!! Can they make you bleed? treatment required to self if bitten? Or is it more of a pinch without sharp teeth? Sorry I guess reading about veilds have me wondering, Thanks! (Trace where r u - I know u have some flap necks):D

Mmmmm, I'm thinking dilepis are probably too small to do any damage other than the pinch and teeth grind thing. I've been bitten by a good number of panthers which were much larger than flapnecks get (and even a couple Parson's) and none ever broke the skin that I can remember.

Oh OK-you took away my scare factor. I guess a flap could not do as much damage as a Veiled or big old Panther, but more than a pygmy! :)

I think that if you try to pull away from the bite the teeth act like a serrated knife and can cut the skin.

Oh OK-you took away my scare factor. I guess a flap could not do as much damage as a Veiled or big old Panther, but more than a pygmy! :)

LOL!

I had my Melleri bite me once but it was because I put a finger in his mouth....... long story short it wasn't an aggressive bite and it didn't break the skin. It did hurt a bit...

Most of the time a bite is going to be quick. They aren't gonna bite down and just hold on all day or try to chew through your finger. In my experience its a warning.

there was that one idiot, who let his vieled bite him, and he had a pretty bad bite outta it.

when you get bit, don't panic.

Good advice!

Perfect advice! LOL I've shown this before... but this is Lenny... the Melleri that bit me. As much as I wanted to pull away I didn't until he let go......

Look at those teeth!

IMG_8773.jpg

He gets grumpy when he sees the camera sometimes....:rolleyes:

My little Veiled is camera shy too. She has never gaped or tried to bite me yet, however; as she gets towards her adolescent stage I might see more aggressive activity from what I understand.

I have been keeping chameleons for 8 years and have only been bitten the once. By coincidence, it was a female flap-neck that bit me. She bit me quickly and let go almost immediately, I was more shocked than hurt. I think it was a warning bite and it didn't make me bleed or anything.

I have been keeping chameleons for 8 years and have only been bitten the once. By coincidence, it was a female flap-neck that bit me. She bit me quickly and let go almost immediately, I was more shocked than hurt. I think it was a warning bite and it didn't make me bleed or anything.

Thats all ive had is warning bites, but my cham. is very dosile and skidish, its a female veiled, obviously it didnt hurt it was just a nip, veileds are capable of producing bruising and some bleeding although like you ive never experienced it.

thanks

Thanks everyone, I will be careful, if the time ever comes I will try not to panic!! He has never even hissed, but time can change anything so better to be prepared with knowledge!! Although if my flap necked had a mouth like that picture I'm not sure I'd risk it!!l LOL!!:cool:

ive been bitten multiple times on many occasions my my male veiled and ??? melleri. veiled bite hurt very bad and i bled a little. melleri just hurt a bit. my bearded dragon was the worst even though its only 5 months old. i needed stitches.

I have a panther that crawls out on my arm every day (sorry guys I don't know how to tell him not to) and the first time I saw him he took a small bit out of my finger. I have never even seen a dragon be aggressive, what happened to make it bite? I let little kids hold mine at schools.

I too am always surprised when I hear about bearded dragons hissing or biting. Neither of mine have done this, one died last January and I still have a remaining one. I kept both for 9 years (my current one is aged approx 10 years). I handle/d mine every day. I think they are the most loving of all lizards.

i found it odd too. whenever i slowly reach into her cage all i get is hissing and nips. i'll try to get a pic of her gaping. when she gets out, she will nap on me but when she is in her cage she is the spawn of satan.

A person can get bit while doing general husbandry. That does not qualify as being an idiot.

there was that one idiot, who let his vieled bite him, and he had a pretty bad bite outta it.

Back
Top Bottom