Carpet or Flap-necked?

I get the importance of making this point, and I follow this advice. I do have an ambilobe that will not take no for an answer when it comes to handling. Everytime I stick my arm in his enclosures he is on it and up my sleeve before I know it. Stopping him actually seems to really stress him out. Chameleon individuals are just different, and this is what should be communicated to new buyers. If you aren't going to be happy with either outcome (friendly or not) then don't bother getting into the hobby. I love my shy chams just as much as my friendly (or maybe just curious) cham.

I had a Senegal that was never shy, and occasionally would just run up my arm like your Panther. When he was out I would watch him very carefully for signs of stress and bring him back as soon as he started spotting up. He was WC to.

The distinction being that I never, until he got really ill and needed treatment, actually took him out of his cage, he walked on me of his own accord. So I should have been more clear but as you pointed out so very well it is really individual depending on the animal. I think it is good practice to recommend minimizing handling. If a cham want s to be handled they will make themselves clear! :) But I have also read far too many threads and heard lots of complaints in person about "My Cham is mean". Well it is luck of the draw and handling should be considered a bonus and not a requirement.

It is easy for me, I don't really like handling my pets, that isn't why I get them, I am very visual and mental rather than tactile in my appreciation of most things so I get a little impatient with people who want to touch everything! ha ha I need to watch that...

I have raised flap necks and they are super friendly they also are easy to care for.

Back
Top Bottom