First Vet Visit

bay1997

Established Member
We are going to see a vet for the first time this Friday, no health concerns just bringing in a sample for his first fecal and getting established with the exotic vet near me Incase we need to visit in the future.
What are some things I can do to make it as minimally stressful for my Cham as I can?

I think the best way to bring them to the vet is to take something like a shoebox and shove a stick through both ends (length-wise) to act as a perch during transit. Put the lid on so that it is dark and they will go to sleep. Unfortunately the vet will always be a stressful experience, but I think this method is pretty fool-proof

I think the best way to bring them to the vet is to take something like a shoebox and shove a stick through both ends (length-wise) to act as a perch during transit. Put the lid on so that it is dark and they will go to sleep. Unfortunately the vet will always be a stressful experience, but I think this method is pretty fool-proof
He isn’t just starting to not totally hate my guts and I’m trying to keep on his good side lol
Thank you for the shoe box tip!

I made mine a box from a small Amazon box, I put a stick in it and hot glued the ends so it would stay up, I put a few papertowels in the bottom in case he fell to cushion him and I put a small potted pothos (like the one he sleeps in in his enclosure) so he could hide and feel safe. I then closed up the top with some painters tape to make it easy to take on and off. He did well, clawed around for a little bit but then settled down on the branch. I keep that box in a closet now so I can use the same one over and over.

Back
Top Bottom