First Vet Visit

bay1997

Established Member
We are going to see a vet for the first time this Friday, no health concerns just bringing in a sample for his first fecal and getting established with the exotic vet near me Incase we need to visit in the future.
What are some things I can do to make it as minimally stressful for my Cham as I can?

Syreptyon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I think the best way to bring them to the vet is to take something like a shoebox and shove a stick through both ends (length-wise) to act as a perch during transit. Put the lid on so that it is dark and they will go to sleep. Unfortunately the vet will always be a stressful experience, but I think this method is pretty fool-proof

bay1997

Established Member
I think the best way to bring them to the vet is to take something like a shoebox and shove a stick through both ends (length-wise) to act as a perch during transit. Put the lid on so that it is dark and they will go to sleep. Unfortunately the vet will always be a stressful experience, but I think this method is pretty fool-proof
He isn’t just starting to not totally hate my guts and I’m trying to keep on his good side lol
Thank you for the shoe box tip!

Zilla23

Established Member
I made mine a box from a small Amazon box, I put a stick in it and hot glued the ends so it would stay up, I put a few papertowels in the bottom in case he fell to cushion him and I put a small potted pothos (like the one he sleeps in in his enclosure) so he could hide and feel safe. I then closed up the top with some painters tape to make it easy to take on and off. He did well, clawed around for a little bit but then settled down on the branch. I keep that box in a closet now so I can use the same one over and over.

Top Bottom