First time Vet visit- stress

Tputtwhatwhat

I scheduled a vet visit for my Cham on thurs. Although I consider the visit to be necessary, I'm really worried about the stress involved. I'm planning on transporting him in a 16x16x30 screen cage, with fake branches/ vines. I'm just looking for advice on how to reduce stress, or any other helpful tips.

Well, did you schedule the app on a sunny day? ...not so cold? . the cage size should be ok. vines or a plant are awesome. He should be ok.... don't worry too much!;)

hes going to stress no matter what you do. just try to make it as comfortable as you can. keep warm and secure.

Thanks. Hopefully all goes well. I'm sure most everyone else has already dealt with the vet numerous times. Even my dog gets stressed at the vet! Haha

There's only so much you can really do. You can't keep them in a comfy bubble their entire lives :) You can always cover the cage in a towel to keep it a dark and prevent him from seeing anything, this should help. Don't get carried away with the travel cage furniture though, you might have to take him out several times and you don't want to run your hand through the cage trying to fish him out for 10 minutes each time.

Yeah, you're right. when I bought him sandy let me borrow like a butterfly cage to transport him home in, but I have no idea where it is. If I could find it, that would probably be better.

The ultimate stress reducing transportation-a shoe box with a towel on the bottom. This keeps them safe and reduces visual stress, the darkness induces them to sleep, and the towel gives them something to hold on to. I find it a bit cruel that someone would risk letting them bounce around in a cage in a car with objects wizzing by stressing them out.

The ultimate stress reducing transportation-a shoe box with a towel on the bottom. This keeps them safe and reduces visual stress, the darkness induces them to sleep, and the towel gives them something to hold on to. I find it a bit cruel that someone would risk letting them bounce around in a cage in a car with objects wizzing by stressing them out.

Amen..... why go in a cage? the stress is from seeing the change in surroundings. The best thing is for the light to go out, sleep, then wake up in a new place.. some stress for a few minutes for the exam and then back to sleep.... then back into the cage... its like a bad dream and waking up back home in your normal life.

don't transport a cham awake or able to see, THAT is the stress.

Back
Top Bottom