First time vet costs?

ChamOh

Established Member
Hey everyone.. I am wondering what a reasonable rate is for a young chameleons first vet visit. Also, what should I be sure I have done, if anything, besides a fecal and general examination? Is it worth it to get my cham tested for salmonella?

it depends on where you live...and compitition/free market.

in some areas you can get a fecal for $25.00, two states over, it's $50.00.
both are reasonable prices based on the market that they serve, regardless that one is more expencive then the other.

what I'm trying to say is that without knowing where you live, we have no way of telling you what to expect for a simple check up.

my last visit to a vet included a simple check up and a fecal. the bill was $150.00 US in NYC.
two states away and I would have payed far less. I wouldn't have even had to bring her in for a check up at all, and payed only for a fecal that I originaly only wanted.

Harry

Wow it costs THAT much in ny for chams? And I almost brought my cham to a vet thinking he might have an eye problem..

Well, they have to go in for a yearly check up. The local vets usually cost about 50-60 here.

Sorry, I should have said I live in Pennsylvania. Which reminds me to fill out my location info in my profile : )

Wow it costs THAT much in ny for chams? And I almost brought my cham to a vet thinking he might have an eye problem..

yes, $80 for a check up...required by the only reptile vet in the NYC area regardless that all I wanted was a fecal.
then $50 or $60 for the fecal.

sorry, $130 for the visit. not $150. still stinks. but that is NYC prices.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom