First-time shipper: need emotional support!

Trillian

Just had FedEx collect my last baby crestie... The others I sold through Craigslist, but this one was special and I promised him/her to a board member!

Followed the guidelines on Ship Your Reptiles to the letter, so I'm optimistic but scared...

See pics, no constructive criticism allowed since it's out of my hands now!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377026195708.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377026195708.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 144
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377026222884.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377026222884.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 101
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377026237995.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377026237995.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 152
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377026246198.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377026246198.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 98
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377026438608.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377026438608.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 125
Did you use an ice pack?

No... Temps here have been low 70s for a few weeks... Do you think he'll be okay? They've all tolerated temps into the 90s over the last couple of months (with frequent mistings, a/c when it got unbearable etc) but maybe it's different if he's in a tiny cup with tiny air holes?!

He's going to Maryland, which isn't too far, hoping he'll be okay. Was more worried about him being too cold.

I miss him already, but my kitchen counters suddenly look much bigger... Gone from 10 reptiles in the kitchen to just one.

Good Luck!

My boyfriend breeds cresties & is about to have one shipped to him for the first time - I think he's probably just as nervous as you are!

The first few times it is a little stressful, but then it's a piece of cake. You still will always have the slightest bit of anxiety, but you gain confidence that you know how to make them comfortable. This just made me realize though, that when shipping a chameleon, I find comfort knowing that he will fall asleep when it gets dark in the box, and I guess the opposite is true for cresties? So do you have to do things differently, knowing he will be awake and active during the trip?

No, just get quite anxious! I assumed the box wouldn't be kept the right way up, so there's no way to put anything else in the deli cup with him other than a damp paper towel for a little comfort. He should arrive within an hour...

Thank you for the reassurance, Shauna!

No, just get quite anxious! I assumed the box wouldn't be kept the right way up, so there's no way to put anything else in the deli cup with him other than a damp paper towel for a little comfort. He should arrive within an hour...

Thank you for the reassurance, Shauna!

How did the shipment go?

I know I always get a little nervous when shipping, I tend to wake up during the night to check my phone for tracking updates :D

Just been told that he's arrived and is "Gorgeous", which I knew all along...

Thank you for the help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom