First successful free range bioactive egg laying

Sonny13

Chameleon Enthusiast
First of all thanks everyone for your tips and tools, very grateful for it.

Sooo relieved, happy, excited and very proud my little girl!

Finally after 2 weeks nail biting horror, she finally, successfully, laid her first clutch of eggs.

She stopped 2 weeks ago with eating (did had a few bugs) and escaped continuously out of her enclosure, roaming around our living room like crazy. At that point I know (after reading, many threads regarding egg laying) she was ready for it, with the hope she would lay in the bioactive soil. After few days of privacy and no interest in digging, I made an extra accessible laying bin with privacy outside the free range enclosure. Still after days of no interest in both options and just roaming around and sleeping at different spots at night (no normal behavior), I removed some leaves from the soil and dug a small hole in the bioactive soil. Still no interest for days! Yesterday we removed the privacy part from the free range planter and with the intent to make an vet appointment because she could be getting eggbound, suddenly a miracle happened.

She started yesterday early morning with digging in the hole I made for her, by the evening she stopped and stayed overnight in her hole. This morning she started digging again and by the time I came home, the hole was closed and fully covered with leaves again, just like it always was. And the misses, sitting skinny, wrinkled under her basking spot, like nothing happened. What a relief it finally happened and so happy she used the bioactive soil and that without any privacy.

Just thought I wanted to share it with you, because it aren’t the typical circumstances. Free range, bioactive and no privacy.

434DC8B8-A4E5-4235-8E2F-8CE55DB9702C.jpeg

During.........

787742A3-4F15-4AF9-82CC-269E99061C02.jpeg

After.......

48596ED8-1AB0-41CA-803D-6EA3033D53DC.jpeg
Bella after.......

Sorry, better pics weren’t possible.

Last edited:
Bet you're glad it's over?
What a hell! Really thought it would be vet time, because she stopped eating for so long with all the clear signs. That with constant leaving from her enclosure and roaming around, and skipping uv and heat basking.

I was amazed how tiny and wrinkled she was after. She didn’t was that big during the day, only at the night you could notice she was gaining.
How many eggs did she lay?
21 what I could count so quickly and I leave them in the soil for the CuC.

First of all thanks everyone for your tips and tools, very grateful for it.

Sooo relieved, happy, excited and very proud my little girl!

Finally after 2 weeks nail biting horror, she finally, successfully, laid her first clutch of eggs.

She stopped 2 weeks ago with eating (did had a few bugs) and escaped continuously out of her enclosure, roaming around our living room like crazy.
For a second there, I thought you were going to tell us she laid them in your favorite chair, or under the couch or something...

When she was a girl, Missus' cat decided to have her kittens in a pile of sawdust under the old man's table saw in the basement...

You never know with first-time mothers!

For a second there, I thought you were going to tell us she laid them in your favorite chair, or under the couch or something...
Seriously....she was a few times behind the pillow’s on the couch and we where afraid she would lay there 😅😅

When she was a girl, Missus' cat decided to have her kittens in a pile of sawdust under the old man's table saw in the basement.
🤣🤣 just love animals and their instincts

You never know with first-time mothers!
Jip.....😇😂

Back
Top Bottom