First Post- My Chameleon

scitamenic

hey this is my first post here. i just uploaded some pictures on my portfolio or whatever. he's a real chill dude. so what do you guys think?

you can view my pics from this right? anyways try and guess what kind he is. i think, or was told, the colors on him are rare, especially on this type of chameleon. im actually in a hurry right now but i will be on here later.

Haha, oops, I only opened the first photo. Made me think he was a lateralis.

Nice, I'm going to guess something like an afinis or africanis. Hmmm Oustalets?

Ok, you have stumped us.

Last edited:
ummmm..... i must have missed something because i think its a female but im not sure. i think its a couple (maybe 2-3) months old. and i live in southern california. i was also told this species is one of the biggest if not the biggest.
its an oustalet's chameleon. alot are that brown color. i really like the color on this one. i have seen them other colors, but this one has a neat color to it.

her or his (wasnt sure when i bought it) name is Iggi. i at the end so its one of those words you can read forward and back. i had to do that because my crested gecko is Otto. it can get really light green and almost no red- it turns to like a light pink watermelon color- to a darker green almost brown color. it has like those red marks on it. those can turn pink to almost black. also, i dont know if you can see from the pictures, but in the red marks, sometimes there is yellow.

soooo... good or not? i dont really see too much on this species. i heard they are really docile. my guy doesnt mind being held that much. anyone want to say anything about oustalets?

Yeah, it looks like a female. But you said "HE" and "DUDE" in your first post which had me really confused!

Words that reverse and spell forward and back are called Palindromes. They are really catchy names. I like "otto" for a chameleon, it seems suitible. My girlfriends name is Hannah, 'Hannah The Palindrome' people tease her.

For an Oustalet's its quite nice. I am more partial to the red orange varients. Did you know that there are actualy different "morphs" or "locales" of this species just like Panther chameleons? I think yours might be of the "Tananarive" locale.

Will Hayward said:
Yeah, it looks like a female. But you said "HE" and "DUDE" in your first post which had me really confused!

Words that reverse and spell forward and back are called Palindromes. They are really catchy names. I like "otto" for a chameleon, it seems suitible. My girlfriends name is Hannah, 'Hannah The Palindrome' people tease her.

For an Oustalet's its quite nice. I am more partial to the red orange varients. Did you know that there are actualy different "morphs" or "locales" of this species just like Panther chameleons? I think yours might be of the "Tananarive" locale.

Haha,

hannah the palindrome

i like that

Back
Top Bottom