"Fired Up"

LucasD

So I have heard that when chameleons are "fired up" they display their brightest colors. What some ways of getting them to do this?

IMO one should not try and get their chameleon "fired up".
Just have a camera handy, and when it happens, take a pic;)

Any attempt to get them "fired up" is just an attempt to stress them out, JMO

read him some excerpts from a twilight book.

gasp.png

The one and only time I've seen my male panther fired up was to impress my female the first time he saw her. I was so annoyed because he climbed up to the top of his tree and was mostly hidden behind the foliage when he did it, so I couldn't really see him in all of his glory. I've never seen it again since then, not even when I showed him the female for the second time. I've never tried the mirror thing though, and probably never will.

I have an Ambanja, and he does get a little fired up, but I still can't get him to fully fire up. He could care less about a mirror, and I have two other chams now and he doesn't even get excited about them. For some reason, when my daughter goes to take a photo of him with her iPhone, he tends to get a little excited, and that's the only time. Some chams are easy, some just are very laid back.

I could probably really stress him out to see his true colors, but I just won't do it, maybe it's just me but I like him just the way he is... With spring coming I hope to get him outside more, maybe he'll fire up then..

Back
Top Bottom