Finally! Halloween is HERE

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
Or Halloween Hissers XD *boo hiss hiss* poor puns! lol, but omg I have always been a bit iffy on raising hissers because of some weird past experiences with them. Which I know you all probably think that's silly because of who I am and what I love. But hissers have always been a sore subject. However I have some absolutely gorgeous Halloween Hissers, I got the 12 in a partial trade where the person who traded got 55 mixed nymphs and breeder isopods and he also paid 18 dollars, is it weird I feel like I came out on top. These little hissers are beautiful in all sense of the word and their hiss is so tiny, so adorable. I am in love.

Lol they have been relatively hidden hoping in a few more hours since it's been lights out for a while and I dropped in a nice piece of cactus fruit I will be able to snap a few <3

And so you shall receive!

Halloween sweet potato.jpg

males final segment have two appendages, if you look at the picture below you will see the difference (these aren't halloween hissers but all hissers and the majority of roaches have this) also as usual, females are longer and more round/fat, while males are more broad but thinner. Males are more likely to defend since they are rather territorial and hiss. Though everyone out of this species seems rather amicable. Even those who do hiss seem to be more startled than anything and once they realize it's just me they stop within a few seconds of being touched.

Male-and-Female-Madagascar-Hissing-Cockroach-comparison.jpg

Finally got hissers huh @Andee . Nice! My Halloweens will be here this week, had more, but damn power outtage froze them to death. These are good feeders, they are softer and smaller than the regular hissers, plus i think they are pretty cool looking.

No not really, they're more expensive, reproduce slower, and are higher in fat. That said the purpose is to have variety. IME chams get sick of the same roaches, especially dubias, very fast. And I don't like feeding crickets for a number of reasons. So I have like 7? Roach species now that I'm working on. That way I can offer different roaches on a regular basis as a staple, while throwing in a variety of worms, snails, isopods, and flying insects as they become available as treats.

Back
Top Bottom