Finally drinking!

JosieJobo

My 7 months old panther Diesel I hadn't never seen drinking for months latly I changed his enclosure and put the fogger on top of the mesh blowing down, one morning I noticed that he licks the drips from the mesh after about a week I realised he dose this every morning! yesterday I went and got a rodent water bottle one that has the metle pin that hanges down put it so the bottle is on the top and the pin is right next to the drips from the fogger today ive watched him lick the drips then the pin, but the pin still had a drip so he licked it again and again... ive just watched him drink for about 5 minutes!! I am soooo please as ive resently run out of silkworms (I think he was getting most of his water from them) and was just starting to look a little dehydrated. Hopefully this will sort him out until my silks hatch and get bigger :D:D:D:D

dehydrated!?

Ok so I thought as he can now drink from the bottle and he's got a fogger for humidity he wouldn't need spraying (he drinks in the morning before i spray him anyway) but it appears he dose. eyes looking quite sunken today so put him in the shower and sprayed him with a bottle of warm water he drank LOADS he had his moth open again the wall letting the water run into it then swallow! Never soon him drink like that, anyway lesson lernt he still needs spraying lol :)

stoped drinking from bottle??

So im still misting and got the bottle but he's stoped drinking from the bottle and getting dehydrated again. Im so confused! Could he be ge.tting too hot its been really muggy in the uk this week I swaped his basking for a lower watt and even had it off for a white one day, ivealder a tthermostat hoping that will help x

I had a hard time getting my new baby Jackson to drink until a few days ago - I changed the way I mist him so it drops like rain rather than a mist and he drinks pretty much straight away. It also helps if it 'rains' from above rather than sideways (which is more often how we tend to mist I think). My Carpet also drinks better if I mist that way too.

Because hes been a bit dehydrated ive been misting him with warm water in the showr, he just sits there refuses to drink?? He was in there ages??

Back
Top Bottom