Ficus tree hates me...

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Ok so Beman's ficus tree has started dropping leaves like crazy. Is this just due to re-potting it? I have not been over watering it because I know they can be temperamental. It is in a low light window. Does not get hot or direct sun.

Ficus trees are a pain in the butt! Low light? That doesnt sound right to me...The only one I ever had that did well was right in front of a window. In addition to the hornworm poop you could also fertilize with silkworm poop.

Is it a benjamina? They're nicknamed "weeping figs" for a reason! Notorious for dropping leaves at their discretion, usually due to being disturbed or a change in environment. With repotting, I would definitely expect to see some leaf shed
It is this one here... Although now about 50% of the leaves have turned yellow. I picked up about 15 off the floor this morning. :(

IMG_3050.JPG
IMG_3049.JPG

Ficus trees are a pain in the butt! Low light? That doesnt sound right to me...The only one I ever had that did well was right in front of a window. In addition to the hornworm poop you could also fertilize with silkworm poop.
It is right in front of a window but it is lower light. I do have a heat lamp about 2 feet above it and it is on when Beman is hanging out since the window is cooler.

It is right in front of a window but it is lower light. I do have a heat lamp about 2 feet above it and it is on when Beman is hanging out since the window is cooler.
They're just really finicky. I would just keep it there, make sure you aren't overwatering, and see if it'll stabilize after the repotting.

They're just really finicky. I would just keep it there, make sure you aren't overwatering, and see if it'll stabilize after the repotting.
Ok will do. This is it now. :( Beman still likes it though as you can see lol. He could care less as long as he is in front of the window.

IMG_3059.JPG

Back
Top Bottom